ThivHari's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Why I have to pay for the photos I added to the Google Maps ?

I'm Sukumal Harischandra from Sri Lanka. A local guide Level 10 with more than 204,000 points. I have added more than 12,000 photos to the map.
I rewarded with 1 TB and it's expiring within days now. Thing is my google drive is 35 GB for now and 20 GB photos are added photos to the map. 
I'm in a financial crisis these days and I can't pay for the photos I added to the map as I did it as a community service and without getting any benefit just happiness of doing a good thing. 

So will I loose all my photos I added to the google map as well ? I don't know any email to contact google. 

Capture.JPG

Sri Lanka
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Why I have to pay for the photos I added to the Google Maps ?

You r correct ! We all done as a social volunteer , we haven't any benefit for such work of google , so google has to to be remembered ur prayer !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why I have to pay for the photos I added to the Google Maps ?

Hi @ThivHari, I have great news for you, you will not use any photo u have uploaded to the Maps because we have free unlimited storage in Google photos - it's free for everyone on Earth. U might loose your Google drive storage so be avare of that. When we got those free GB and TB for GDrive we knew it would end, so this is something that happens to everyone. Maybe u can buy smaller amount of GB (100GB) it is much cheaper than the amount you would give for TBs. 

At the end, make sure u download all necessary data from GDrive so u don't loose them after September 2018!