hectorsantillan04's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Who am I? Is it worthy it being a local guide? NO... yes...?

I'm a happy, outgoing dominican guy, I find joy in helping others in simple, yet, very impacting ways. I really enjoy being part of Local Guides Community, there is a lot of support, ideas amd fellowship from all local guides and coordinators at Connect.

I started contrubuiting while being abroad in Spain, and have left reviews of couple of countries I've visited such as France, United States, Portugal, among others. But My main contributions have been in my home country Dominican Republic, I know we need more Local GUides helping make our country very well documented in Google Maps. It amazes me to see that thousands of people have use my data as reference for something, while consulting Google Maps.  

I've received opinions of friends saying that this is a "worthless not paid investment of time", I kindly tell them that, this is great voluntary work, everybody feels great when they have all info about a destination beforehand, yes, we help make life easier with something as easy as an edit, as a review. At the end of the day we are all being benefit through accurate online information. The information is there because we have contributed and we keep doing it, non-stop!   

I realized that all local guides I've met, are very kind people with a huge willing to help, that defines us.   As I'm an IT professional, it is on my interest to see apps evolving, and apps like Google Maps need people to improve it, being a local guide allows me to help the app and people at the same time... isn't it G R E AT ? 🙂  

I know what I am, I'm a LOCAL GUIDE!   Thank you for reading!!  

Dominican Republic