Red ParadeA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Where are my points?

I  ve got LG Badge, i gained over 700 points, after several days, I found my points now just 630. Where are my points ?

10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Where are my points?

Hi everyone. I just posted an update about those who may be seeing a loss of points. Please see this post which will be updated once the bug is resolved. Thank you!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Three hours ago I had 1097 points. Now it shows 552 points and it keeps asking me to join the Google Local Guides program. Something is wrong in Google’s system and I hope they will fix it soon.

Level 7

I've just had the same issue, I'm assuming it's a system glitch. Might be worth checking tomorrow. On mine is removed all the points for added and edited places.

Level 5

My points are decreasing, also?

Is there any general failure or eason for this?

Former Google Contributor

@Red ParadeA @YannisS  @Alvaro LuisC

Points are awarded per high-quality review (https://goo.gl/wYk4VT) of a place and all reviews must be made public. Some of your reviews may be marked private if they do not adhere to our guidelines (https://goo.gl/797AF2) which include, but are not limited to URLs in reviews. Additionally, points for editing and adding places will only be awarded after the edits to/ addition of places are approved.

Level 8

Where are my points?

I've just had the same issue, I'm assuming it's a system glitch.

harsh manvar
Level 8

@YanniY your canned response does not help anyone to understand what the problem is. The temporary decrease in points was clearly a glitch in Google’s system and it does not have to do with the quality of our reviews or our contributions in general. It happened twice in my account, but all points were restored back to normal in less than 24 hours.

Level 10

@Red ParadeA same problem, I have lost several points several times! I don't know if it is a bug and my points will be restored or maybe because you got some points for adding some places or pictures that were not accepted or removed later.

Level 8

@MichelChammas we are talking about 50% decrease: from 1200 points to 600. It has happened twice to me and it clearly does not have to do with content policies, because my points returned to normal a few hours later. 

I guess we must learn to live with such system glitches. 

Googler
Solution

Hi everyone. I just posted an update about those who may be seeing a loss of points. Please see this post which will be updated once the bug is resolved. Thank you!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.