Amr_A's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re: What do do when a Level 5 Local Guide's entire contributions are purely spam?

Hi @TraciC,

Can't seem to even find private messages on this board. Did you already send me something?

Cheers!

Googler

Re: What do do when a Level 5 Local Guide's entire contributions are purely spam?

Hi @DeanW. It appears that you have private messages disabled so I'm unable to send you a private message. Kindly enable this feature and tag me in a response so I may send you the information. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

Hello @Amr_A

Experiencing the same here. What should I do

JonasK

@TraciC wrote:

Hi @Amr_A. Thank you for not sharing the information publicly. I'll reach out to you privately with information on how to escalate to the team. 

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Former Google Contributor

Hi @JonasKL, I will be reaching out to you via private message shortly.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 3

It is really very impressive that google is looking towards stuff like this.

Really Happy to contribute for Google, anytime any day =D.

Level 10

Thanks for taking it up!

Level 5

@Amr_A @JeslynL @ProfArunCM @AnasS @JonasKL it was unfortunate.. 

@AmrA wrote:

Hello Fellow Local Guides,

I've encountered multiple local guides accounts here in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia that are level 4 or 5 and SOLELY post spam content. And no, I am not talking about accounts that add contributions against policies in a good-will kinda of way. 

One of the accounts I've encountered uses a "special-op" profile pic that contain the text "another mission" which obviously mean online op and in this case "Spamming the Maps" (We're talking about pure vandalizing here). Other accounts add contributions of businesses against polices like Private Drivers and Car Tow trucks. I tried to reach these mysterious accounts on G+ with some luck finding some but no response.

The pictures are spam. The reviews are spam. I can only imagine that all the tow trucks and drivers additions are also added by them or similar accounts. I have reported these actions directly to email and by reporting pictures and only some of the pictures I reported went down. There is no way for me or anyone to report over 3k photos. 

Spam reduce the overall quality on the maps and question the integrity of many information provided though useful features like Working Hours. Spam becomes more dangerous when a spammer has a local guide badge from Google. My city is plagued with spam and I have no doubts that Local Guides team will not allow intentional vandalizing to take down the morals of new local guides.

I will not post these accounts here due to privacy concern but I am willing to provide links when requested to. However, please take a look:

Private driverPrivate drivertow cars that work privately. i.e NOT companies or shopstow cars that work privately. i.e NOT companies or shopsScreenshot_20170115-125111.pngSame pic posted in at least tens of placesSame pic posted in at least tens of placessame picsame picagainagaina pic of a hypermarket uploaded multiple timesa pic of a hypermarket uploaded multiple timesa pic of a restaurant uploaded multiple timesa pic of a restaurant uploaded multiple times

Thank you,

Level 9

Click on the flag at right bottomClick on the flag at right bottomSelect the appropriate reasonSelect the appropriate reason

Hi Amr,

I know how it feels but I would suggest, if doable then mark all pictures and reviews Spam using "Report Review" and Flag picture by selecting appropriate reason,

Level 7

Re: What to do when a Level 5 Local Guide's entire contributions are purely spam?

thank you for sharing this subject @Amr_A ,, I have a solid believe that some people are doing the rating add comments and pics just to earn points. unlike you dear and many others doing this contribution for the best of google map and to make it as useful as possible. 

I was impressed by google moderators response and it shows the level of google quality. personally i report spam when ever i have spare time as much as i can put my hands on such photos. 

Best Regards,

Walimba

@Amr_A wrote:

I've encountered multiple local guides accounts here in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia that are level 4 or 5 and SOLELY post spam content. And no, I am not talking about accounts that add contributions against policies in a good-will kinda of way. 

One of the accounts I've encountered uses a "special-op" profile pic that contain the text "another mission" which obviously mean online op and in this case "Spamming the Maps" (We're talking about pure vandalizing here). Other accounts add contributions of businesses against polices like Private Drivers and Car Tow trucks. I tried to reach these mysterious accounts on G+ with some luck finding some but no response.

The pictures are spam. The reviews are spam. I can only imagine that all the tow trucks and drivers additions are also added by them or similar accounts. I have reported these actions directly to email and by reporting pictures and only some of the pictures I reported went down. There is no way for me or anyone to report over 3k photos. 

Spam reduce the overall quality on the maps and question the integrity of many information provided though useful features like Working Hours. Spam becomes more dangerous when a spammer has a local guide badge from Google. My city is plagued with spam and I have no doubts that Local Guides team will not allow intentional vandalizing to take down the morals of new local guides.

I will not post these accounts here due to privacy concern but I am willing to provide links when requested to. However, please take a look:

Private driverPrivate drivertow cars that work privately. i.e NOT companies or shopstow cars that work privately. i.e NOT companies or shopsScreenshot_20170115-125111.pngSame pic posted in at least tens of placesSame pic posted in at least tens of placessame picsame picagainagaina pic of a hypermarket uploaded multiple timesa pic of a hypermarket uploaded multiple timesa pic of a restaurant uploaded multiple timesa pic of a restaurant uploaded multiple times

Thank you,

Level 10

Re: What to do when a Level 5 Local Guide's entire contributions are purely spam?

@Amr_A@ Please immediately report it to @google if not already reported. Is it possible.

@Amr_A wrote:

Thank you,

@Walimba

@Ankit

@RajendrasinhC

@AnasS