Stanucious's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

What the Google Local Guides Program Means To Me: Showing Kindness.

Google Local Guides program has created an enormous impact on my life and my family.

But before i start, i would like to use this great opportunity to thank Google for the wonderful program (Google Maps) and also for giving us the platform (Local Guides Connect) to share our ideas and communicate with other Local Guides.

To me, Google Local Guides program is an "Act of Kindness", and like my mother will always say "engaging in random acts of kindness and taking good action rewrites your brain and it positively changes other's life and can also change your life forever". As a Local Guides, waking up every morning knowing i have helped people through my contributions means the world to me. Local Guides has become part of my daily lives because through it i made new friends, learn new culture, travel alot and most importantly be able to see the act of kindness and the diversity of the globe.

As my Father will always tell me, "The World is a Global Village", through Local Guides Program i have been able to fully understand the meaning of the world being a global village. Local Guides Program is an idea that diversify, signify, promote, identify and dignify the world whereby making the world a smaller and lovely place.

I love uploading pictures and videos on Google Maps. With over 31,000 pictures (viewed more than 109,000,000 times) and over 1200 videos i think i have been able helped people by giving them clear view about places.

Screenshot_20200307-103450_Maps.jpg

A screen shot showing the number of my uploaded pics and how many times the pics have been viewed.

Writing review is also one of my priorities. Below is one of my review with 10 likes.

20200303_154341.jpg

screen shot showing my review on park plaza has been liked by 10 people.

And another important one is adding places. I remembered two years ago, my friend called me and was praising me, i was shocked. I couldn't comprehend why he was praising me but later he told me that i have helped them rejuvenate their business. His father has an electronics store, Donna Summer Electronics, that has been operating for more than 30 years but it wasn't on Google Maps and due to so much competition on the electronics market around the area, the store almost bankrupt. But when i added the store on the Google Maps, everything changed, sales skyrocketed and they made more new customers.

On the other hand, my reviews and ratings explains more about places and also gives more insight about the true nature of places. I also believe that our reviews and ratings on Google Maps help stores or companies to improve on their products and services because it has tremendous influence over the purchasing decisions of other people.

The last but not the list is checking facts. With over 40,000 facts checked, i have been able to help millions of people and i enjoy doing that. Most of the time, you will notice that in your neighbourhood or area, some stores or companies are permanently closed but on the Google Maps, they still exist whereby giving people wrong information or sometimes there is a place with wrong category, phone number, address, opening/closing hours. So as a Google Local Guides, checking facts is one of my favourite which i like so much. i see it as my responsibility to help to check facts because it helps people to get the right information and always updated.

Overall i think being part of Google Local Guides Program has been a great adventure and It's my pleasure being part of it.

20200307_103814.jpg

8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: What the Google Local Guides Program Means To Me: Showing Kindness.

Impressive amount of contributions. Thanks, @Stanucious

Cheers

Connect Moderator

Hi again @Stanucious,

I took a quick look at your public profile on Google Maps. And I noticed that your might not be fully aware of the rules for photos posted to Google Maps

Also, the two photos you shared in your post are problematic.

We are now allowed to upload near similar pictures to Google Maps. And on your profile I see very many near similar pictures. It is not really helpful for Map users that you posted these. In most cases they could just zoom in by them selves.

I'm sorry to say this, but you should go back and delete all those near similar photos and only leave the best one.

Cheers

Level 10

Hi @Stanucious,

You are a great source of energy, for the community, amazing, thanks !!

Level 9

Wow! Amazing! @Stanucious 

★  Guiding Stars 2021   ★  My Footprints   ★  Instagram 

Level 10

Hi @OliverKIWI 

Thanks

Level 10

Hi @rizbab28 

Ohhh really, you too......

Level 10

@Stanucious,

Indeed !! you are the ray, thank you !!

Level 10

Hi @Stanucious,

Extremely glad, thanks to enlighten the comment !!