Marichams's post
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Level 8

What's your Local Guide mission (and whish)? _____ ๐Ÿ‘€

Local Guide @Marichams holds a paper star stating her wish as a Local Guide.Local Guide @Marichams holds a paper star stating her wish as a Local Guide.

A recent comment made by @Sophia_Cambodia in my How to know if being a Local Guide is your priority? post left me thinking in "my mission" as a Local Guides and reminded me of one of the activities the we had on Local Guides Connect Live 2019. Here's how it was: on top of a table one could find many star shaped cardboards (super cute, by the way) and pens so one could complete the following sentence: "My wish as a Local Guide is: ____". 

My answer, as you can read in the image, was to "Help others have the right expectations".
What's that?! For me is super important to understand the context and what one will find on every place, in order to be able to make the right choices.
What do I mean? Things like the types of food that are served or dietary restrictions, payment methods, parking options, possible accessibility barriers, dress codes or (the nowadays more valuable than ever) proper (bio) safety measures, are clear examples of what I think we all deserve to know so we can make informed decisions about the business we support and frequent. So to provide that info and hence help others know what to expect is my wish (and mission) as a Local Guide.

How would YOU answer that question? What's YOUR wish as a Local Guide? ๐Ÿ‘€.

Hi there! I'm Maricha MS, an experience collector from the Dominican Republic who loves sharing cultural and travel related topics. Wanna see what caught my attention while discovering different places of the world? Check out my contributions here on Connect.
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Your Local Guide mission (and whish) is _____ ๐Ÿ‘€

I am happy to be your inspiration @Marichams for this particular article.

My mission is to help others to see what I see. My travel experiences, photos and writings hopefully can help others plan their travels or even get knowledge on things they did not know before. I appointed myself for my country as travel and tourism ambassador as I majored in this field and that's how I repay to my birthplace.

Level 8

Re: What's your Local Guide mission (and whish)? _____ ๐Ÿ‘€

My wish as a local guide to give people correct information,  exactly  what he want. 

Thank You @Marichams 

Traveller and Social Activist.

Read my recent articles here
Level 10

Great post dear @Marichams 

Your thinking about being a local guide..is nice and excellent,๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ‘  I think most of the LGs thinkings are almost similar like you! 

But i thinking tht  LG in my passion,  and I  made it already an very important subject with my life ..meanhs my life without Local  Guides activities is meaningless and tasteless! I do it for the helps of  people ,, for the world for the future generation....๐Ÿ˜

even I believe my works remain live when i ill not stay in this world anymore!๐Ÿ’›

Have a great day my dear friend!๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ’š

Mahbub

Warm ๐ŸŒน greetings from Chittagong city, 

Bangladesh. ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿงก

Here is my recent posts for you! 

MD MAHBUB HYDER
Level 9

AWAW. Now, I know the pretty face and charming smile behind this name. โ˜บ @Marichams 

Level 10

Local Guide Mission,

This changes. As you progress, your objectives develop and grow.

One recent example, for us, was adding Coke Cola Zero bikes locations, through out Cork. There are many location where you can rent a Coke Cola bike. However, those locations weren't on Gmaps. 

So, we went around the city in search of Coke Cola bike rental spots and started adding them to Gmaps.

Level 8

Thanks for the comment and for the inspiration @Sophia_Cambodia! Indeed if you have the skills and the talent, helping others plan their way towards the beauty and history of your homeland is a fantastic form of honouring your country! I wish you a long life filled with adventures ๐Ÿคฉ. 

Hi there! I'm Maricha MS, an experience collector from the Dominican Republic who loves sharing cultural and travel related topics. Wanna see what caught my attention while discovering different places of the world? Check out my contributions here on Connect.
Connect Moderator

That is much I can do as local guide @Marichams I love my motherland and I have traveled for 15 years countrywide, so at least I can give something back ๐Ÿ™‚ by writing about the experience and share them to whoever interested in these particular experience. Connect is the best forum for it. 

Level 8

That's a great wish @Marichams and it truly represents what being a local guide is for me as well. But my wish would be to find hidden gems and help them to be found by more people. I love finding a good spot and I would like all small businesses to prosper!