Seb360's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What's the real info about my photos

Hi LG family,

I wonder if you can tell why is there a difference between the number of photos in my LG account?

Here some pics for better understanding my Q.Here shows 841 photosHere shows 841 photos

Here shows 702 photosHere shows 702 photos

Those screenshots were taken the same day (today) at the same time.

So I would like to understand why the difference. 

Anyone knows? Thanks.

Rich blessings to all LG family.

Culiacán, Mexico
6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: What's the real info about my photos

Hello @Seb360,

I can confirm that the current count of your photos is 702 at the time of writing of my post. Can you please let me know if you think that you have lost some photos?

Thanks!

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

@Seb360 Hey! 🙋 I'm thinking a same issue. I have 2 different number about how many photos I've been posted. Now it's actually really doesn't matter, but I want that all my calculated data is correct. This is just annoying situation. @GeorgesHR

-TomiFinland
Level 8

hi @GeorgesHR

I'm pretty sure this is not the case, cus I learned a couple of weeks ago that deleting photos from my albums has them deleted from Maps' resulting in a decrease in points and counting of photos uploaded.

For that reason I have been careful to archive instead of delete for more than 3 weeks in a row.

Level 8

Yeah, I know @TomiFinland 

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Seb360 and @TomiFinland,

What you see on the contributions tab is the total number of photos uploaded. Please note that some of these photos may have been marked as private if the do not adhere to the Google Maps Contributed Content Policy or because the place closed down for business. The number of photos you see when you tap on your level is the amount of photos that count towards your Local Guides level.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't this the most common issue ?@Seb360, @GeorgesHR, @TomiFinland. I have noticed this a long time ago. Number of contribution is much more precise and shows right number of contributions and gets updated more frequently, while on the oder hand number of reviews & photos that are shown right next to our photo on reviews that we wrote, are always way behind and shows old numbers because it takes much more time to update through out our panel on GMaps:Screenshot_20180205-202618.jpg

And here is count of reviews & photos when somebody other look at our review:Screenshot_20180205-202701.jpg

It's logical conclusion, just needs  more time to update.