SardiJr's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

What is the compulsory places to visit in Tokyo?

I and my Scouts are planning to attend a Scout Jamboree in August 2018 in Japan and we will have the short tour in Tokyo, and the season will be summer there. Please let us know what the places and tour object that are compulsory to visit in only three days and two nights time. Thank you guys.

Keep guiding

Saefudin Sardi
Tokyo, Japan
8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: What is the compulsory places to visit in Tokyo?

Hello @SardiJr,

Thanks for posting!

The Scout Jamboree in Tokyo sound interesting. As I am planning a trip to Tokyo later this year, I am interested in some tips and places to visit as well. 

Hey @Atsukot,  do you have some travel tips to share about Tokyo?  Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 7

Thanks a lot @GeorgesHR for inviting @Atsukot to share with, nice to know, hope we can meet there in Tokyo. 

Keep guiding

Saefudin Sardi

Thank you! @GeorgesHR

Hello @SardiJr, nice to meet you here on Connect. I wish I could meet you in Tokyo, but I live in New York. You can always look up Local Guides in the area 🙂

Since you are with your scouts, maybe they would like to go to an amusement park such as Tokyo Disneyland or Sanrio PurolandHarajuku and Akihabara might be a fun place to shop and eat for young teens.

Tokyo Skytree, the tallest telecommunications tower in the world, is a tower that one of the popular sightseeing spot in Tokyo. You can go up to the observation decks to see a city of Tokyo.

After Tokyo Skytree, you can walk to Sumida River, and cruise down the river.

Then you can go to Asakusa and check out Senso-ji, a Buddhist temple dedicated to the bodhisattva Kannon. There are several other temples in Asakusa. Asakusa has many restaurants and places to try traditional Japanese foods.

Next to the Senso-ji temple is a small amusement park called 
Hanayashiki, which claims to be the oldest amusement park in Japan.

Do you want to try a hot spring in Tokyo? Tokyo Odaiba Oedo Onsen Monogatari is a hot spring theme park.

Do you like ramen? Check out Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum. It is located in Yokohama, you can get there by train from Tokyo (about 50min from Shinagawa station). 

Lastly, I want to share this post because the travel notes are very helpful: Trip to Japan with family, including biking between villages.

Let me know if you have any questions. Hope you and your scouts have a great time in Japan! Enjoy!!!

Level 6

As a former scout leader from France, leaving in Tokyo for 4 years...

I definitly recommend Hakihabara and Arajuku (take**####**a dori) with your scouts! Just one tip. If you go to last floor of Tokyo administration building  (Shinjuku area) you'll have a great view for free. I guess the jamboree organisation will help you organise your stay here.

@SardiJr,  I also want to share this great post about an adventure in Japan [A Local Guide Story] Early Morning Adventure at the Tsukiji Fish Market! by @iyudhi

Level 7

Thank you @Pushbike for the tips and advices, merci beaucoup, that certainly helps me much to have the good  planning, especially when I'm accountable to the Scouts' parents and to ensure them that they deserve to be satisfied for spending much money to send their children for overseas trip. I will keep it in mind I hope I can meet you in Tokyo, see you Leader 🙂 

Keep guiding

Saefudin Sardi
Level 6

I'm leaving Tokyo this summer, so i'm not sure to be here in august. Otherwise, yes, we can meet.

Where are you from?

It's great that you're traveling to Tokyo @SardiJr.

I have a webpage about Japanese culture and tourism, although in Japanese (as a side hobby :D). But I don't want to be felt as spammy. I also have a My Maps with all the best places in the capital. But, from the top of my mind, I can think of:

• Asakusa and Senso-ji temple
  • Yoyogi park, Meiji shrine, Harajuku and Takeshita-dori
  • If you like modern architecture, take a walk either on Ginza or on Omotesando
  • Odaiba (I love Odaiba, there's always tons of things to do there, and getting in the unmanned Yurikamome-line train is great, especially if you are in the first car, as it makes a 270º turn to cross the bay across the Rainbow Bridge.
  • If you want to see Tokyo from above, you have free viewpoints on both towers of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government building (designed by acclaimed architect Tange Kenzo)

Enjoy Tokyo! (it feels like a second home to me :D)

Luis

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.