LoVe शब सबकछ S's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: What is the BENIFIT of being local guide ?

There is no leaderboard but you can join some community and compete with them. Also when you find the restourant or something where you leave a review you can just scroll and find local guides and find how many points other local guides have.

Level 10

@MatsF wrote:

What happens if you reach over 500 points, type 600?

Nothing really, @MatsF. In fact, I did not even notice when I reached 600 (or 1000 or 5000...). True that passing a certain number, as an "achievement", can be rewarding itself but after a while that's not going to (or at least shoultn't) be the main goal. 

Another way of contributing is posting helpful content here, at LGC. Some really interested, often (hopefully) enthusiastic but not (yet) knowledgeable LG's need - and ask for - help. Contributing here is not rewarded by points but by badges. You can also set this (as a self-rewarding) goal after 500 points. After all, helping/teaching others how to contribute the maps more correctly, efficiently and in the most helpful way will help the most as it's exponential.

Level 6

Did you got a chance to use Google product before they were made public?

@MatsF wrote:

@EricL wrote:
Every level has some form of reward.
But from level 4 you get extra space in Google Drive (i think) and from level 5 you can participate in tests with Google things.
So i would say that there are some benefit to be earned. 🙂

You get extra space for a year!

Level 6

Did you got a chance to use Google products before they were made public?

@MatsF wrote:

@FantomI wrote:

You can host meet ups for your town. At meet ups you can do some charity.

https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

Here you can see what benefits you unlock for every level you achive

Level 8

@TheV wrote:

Did you got a chance to use Google products before they were made public?

@MatsF wrote:

@FantomI wrote:

You can host meet ups for your town. At meet ups you can do some charity.

https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

Here you can see what benefits you unlock for every level you achive

Yes, we get a chance to preview some of google product before publicly announced.

For instance, i got a chance to preview google trip and give suggestion for its development

Level 10

Yes, it is time consuming activity but soon you will addict to it and start spending money from your pocket. 

I love contributing myself.

@LoVe शब सबकछ S

@wahyuarifw

@skylum

@Csaba

@FantomI

Level 7

It's a one type of volentery work if u like to do, then do it without any axpactation, Google is big hub, in feature if they like your work definitely they do something for local guide,my opinion is that do your best in your interesting work and never expect the results,it's comes out automatically

Googler

Thanks for sharing your experience, @BabahBoim. I agree on making new friends and learning more than I ever would have without Local Guides. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 3

Re: What is the benefit of being local guide ?

Same feeling bro

Level 5

I stand with your thoughts it's the feeling of knowing you've put something someone or someplace on the map for others to enjoy