Julsgoodjob's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What is my showing level 8 appear on my mobile only.

Please give me any info why to my Samsung unit it says I'm Level 8 while to my notebook I'm still at Level 7?

How long the update will be process? Is their any incentives for Level 8?(Lol) Although I fully understand that 

this is voluntarily. Peace to all! From the land of smile Bangkok Thailand;

Bangkok, Thailand
4 comments
Level 5

Re: What is my showing level 8 appear on my mobile only.

Vrlo interesantno pitanje. Razlika između pojedinih operativnih sustava primjetila se već i ranije u brojnim segmentima. Broj doprinosa, broj pogleda, broj bodova, level. To je posve uobičajena situacija. Ništa se ne brini, za nekoliko dana će se izjednačit. Sorry, but no perks for level 8.

Level 10

@Julsgoodjob i think that issue is already resolved but if you face that your level not sync then plz wait may that will sync in 1hr to 1 week I m tagging one of mod who will merg your post @BruceDM@ and you can see this post too

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/FIXED-Known-Issue-Google-Maps-level-not-in-...

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 9

Hello @Julsgoodjob, good to see you again. 

Here are answers to your questions :

Your badge connect is showing level 7 because it's yet to reflect on your profile in local guides connect, it takes about 7days or more sometimes but from my experience, it doesn't go beyond 2weeks pls be patient for it. 

Also, like you already know, this is a volunteering position, being guide. So no defined incentives. Maybe you will enjoy some free cinema tickets in the future(also depends on the countries with the privileges). But from level 5upwards you  can a apply to attend the annual local guides summit, try your luck next year.... 

Above all, just enjoy doing what you are doing, helping people, that's the number one commission and essence of being alive!

Do not look up for rewards of any kind because you maybe disappointed! #happyguiding

A-Beta
Level 10

@Julsgoodjob Hello from Bangkok, too! I've noticed that often the mobile app is out of sync with the desktop version. Usually it just takes about a week, and it will fix itself. When this happens to me, then I try to contribute more so I'm fully above the level.