JoniG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

What equipment I used for my Underwater SV

Hey everybody 🐬

I posted my SV images and my excitement from the first time doing these Underwater 360 images last week and I promised I would post another post explaining How I did it and what I used. 

Fisrt of all I had lot's of fun and  I love diving and photography.
I took many photos and videos to try a few different ways.
Here is another photo from this day edited to a Little Planet:
Me and my buddyMe and my buddy

The Equipment :

First of all I would say that I have tried in the past to take many photos and stich them together but it never worked for me and I think it is because of the rapid changes in light and shades so there is nothing for the program to rely on for stitching.

Camera:
I recommend using a 360 camera.
These cameras have a set of lenses (normally 2) and they can stich the photo on the go with calculating the position of the lens.
I use a RICOH THETA S camera with an underwater housing.
It is an old model but still works fine for me on land.
In water I would prefer something more modern with some more low light capabilities. 
Housing:
My housing is designed to go down to 40 meters.
There are some 360 cameras that can go in the water straight out of the box but it is normally only up to 10-15 meters.
I would add  that since there is not much light under 10 meters you would use the camera mostly in shallow waters and then it is not a big concern.
For me, using the housing gives me the freedom to take the camera also to deeper dives and use it before descending deep or after in the shallow waters.
Editing software:
I used the THETA+ app just for editing videos and some photos I wanted to present in a different way like the Little planet photo added to this post. 
For the SV photos and normally for all other images I take I use Lightroom (by Adobe).
In the editing software you can try to bring back some of the red color and try to balance the image a bit.
Videos:
I thought I could also share a 360 video to maps but realized this is not a feature...
I already had a few videos that I took so I decided to edit a nice video.
In the video you can see hoe I held the camera in different positions and how I moved around.

Join me to a dive in the Red sea with my 360 video:

I am here and I am open for any question you have 🙂

Social-Instagram-Creative-Contributor-Joni-G   
Joni Gritzner from Israel 
Guiding Star for 2021
Follow me on my Google Maps page

Eilat, Israel
3 comments
Level 3

Re: What equipment I used for my Underwater SV

у вас было прекрасное подводное погружение)
Level 10

Thank you very much @Nastasiya5  😀
It was a wonderful dive 🐠

Social-Instagram-Creative-Contributor-Joni-G   
Joni Gritzner from Israel 
Guiding Star for 2021
Follow me on my Google Maps page

Connect Moderator

Coool @JoniG ... I love to see the photos and videos. I lave taking underwater photos as well but I only use what I have now. My G15 and Fantasea housing as well as Hero Black GoPro 8. I have to admit I am soo tempted to get 360 camera