barun314's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

What does the Local Guides program mean to you? Local Guides program is a digital friend to me

We all know that local guides are helping millions of people around the world and will continue helping everyone. It is helping people by knowing places by photos, reviews and Q&A.

How did I start using Local Guides program?
All started by a notification on my mobile phone. I travel a lot in Mauritius, particularly during vacation and random occasions. One day I visited several places in the south of Mauritius and once I was back, I received a notification of Google maps asking me if I have been to that place. I opened the notification, to my big surprise all the places I visited were there on the app.

On the app, I can see a lot of pictures of different places visited. I was amazed and glad to see more photos of these places. On top of that, I can give reviews, add the pictures I have taken and also answer questions people asked. I was very happy to help people by answering their question especially tourists and people who want to visit those places. I have also uploaded the pictures I have taken as other local guides who have previously uploaded their picture have inspired me.

From that day on, I upload various pictures of the different place I visited which help many people to have an idea about how that place is and what is its reviews. Local guides program also help me a lot in knowing a lot of places I have not visited or I want to visit soon. Often, I receive suggestions of places I can go in the afternoon for a good time with friends. Recently the app has suggested a good place in Rose-hill, Mauritius where I can go and have bubble tea with friends or family. I can say, it was worth going to that place after a tiring day. After my visit to that restaurant, I have uploaded a picture of the bubble tea I had that day, it was tasty.

I consider Local guides program as a friend which continuously help me in deciding or having an idea of places I can go for a good time. Whenever I heard of a place a relative or friend told me, just to be sure that place is great, I go on google maps to see the pictures and reviews of that particular place.
All the Google Local Guides around the world and in my country are doing a great job. A big thank to all of them and the Google Local Guide team.

Bubble Tea from Rose Hill shop (Local Guide: Barun Radhay)Bubble Tea from Rose Hill shop (Local Guide: Barun Radhay)

Beau Bassin-Rose Hill, Mauritius