aliather's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

What does the Local Guides program mean to me?

Untitled-2.jpg

I am using Google Maps for a long time and by far its one of my favorite apps of all time. It saves my day millions of times.

At first there were no traffic data on Maps for Karachi the city I live in. But as the time passes the traffic data on Maps started to show. I was so excited that day and was very surprised that how Google is collecting this traffic data.

After that I've received an email on  29 Apr 2016 about the Google Local Guide Program.

This is the email which I got in 2016 from Google.This is the email which I got in 2016 from Google.

First of all I didn't get what this program is all about but after that when I realize how important and how helpful it is for everyone makes me so excited about it and when I started getting the points on every contribution it really sparked me up to do something for the community. I gets so excited whenever I get a level up notification. And to be very honest, I was trying receive a gift from Google on reaching Level 5 which luckily I got. Which was 1 TB Gmail account for a year. I was so excited when I receive this. It really pumped me up to do more and more for the community.

The exciting part about maps is that I try to find something which is not posted or published on maps. So whenever there's a new restaurant or a new shop opened up in my area or a place I find that is not on Google maps I try to publish it so everyone can know about it and it helps the businesses as well. 

So from that day I started to contribute on maps and Now as I am on level 8 trying to get to level 9 as soon as possible. 

Local guide program means a lot to me its like my new hobby which is I am religiously following for 4 years and still committed to help and support the prople of the world. So everyone know my city and my country well. I am very excited to be part of something which I always wanted to do to help others. Its something which I can do after my retirement as well. I have never attended a Google local guides meetup in my city but now its my target to once attend a local guide meetup and then organize a local guide meetup event so I know my fellow local guides in my city and if I'm that lucky then I'll see my fellow local guides internationally as well. I want to spread my friends circle and Local guides program is the best way of being social even if you are an introvert.

Karachi, Pakistan