jordi7's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What does being a Local Guide mean for me?

Hello everyone!

My name is Jordi and I'm a level 7 Local Guide from Barcelona. I'm 21 years old and I'm a computer programmer and a system administrator . I have experience working in many fields, as an Android developer, as a web developer and I also like to experiment in my free time with other projects or learning other programming languages. I love all kinds of technology and I'm always trying to push its limits, and that's one of the reasons that approached me to the Local Guides program.

I am also a Google Maps contributor and beta-tester, as well as with almost every app or product I use because I want to improve them and make people's lives easier and more comfortable. So the Local Guides program is another awesome way to help, but also a different one for me: I can forget about the technical stuff that I'm used to and focus on helping the users directly and interact with other people that share the same interests as me.

Every time I travel or I'm driving I use Google Maps and I always read information and I always trust the reviews of the places I don't know, so I wanted to do the same thing and I started submitting little reviews and answering questions of small businesses in my town. I quickly realized of the potential of the platform and I increased the quality of my reviews, I started submitting pictures and I added and edited a lot of places that I didn't want other people to miss. I haven't stopped yet and I recently surpassed twelve thousand points. I'm getting close to level 8!

Screenshot_20180429-190951.png

My favourite kind of contribution is taking pictures whenever I can. I don't have a lot of them uploaded even thought I take lots, I prioritize quality over quantity and I prefer to upload those that were taken on uncommon events or places, and it's working well so far. Reaching one million views was a huge milestone for me. Let's keep working for the next million!

Sin título.png

I am also a moderator of the Barcelona community on Google Plus where I share all of my experiences. I've hosted several meetups jointly with other moderators and the community owner where I've had the pleasure of meeting incredible people. We are always planning new meetups because it's the best way to share tips and special places that only us, who live in Barcelona, know.

Captur1a.PNGCaptura.PNG

Having the opportunity to meet other Local Guides in the 2018 Summit would be an incredible way to learn about new cultures and different countries and, of course, share ours. I can't think of a better way of making new friends from all around the world.

Thanks to all of you for reading and making an excellent community!

Captuara.PNG

Barcelona, España
7 comments
Level 8

Re: What does being a Local Guide mean for me? - Summit17

Thanks a lot @CésarParga for letting me use the incredible photos you took in our meetups!

Mil gracias 😄

Level 9

Lucky champion @jordi7, they did not find a better candidate. 😉

Ichi-go ichi-e (Un momento Una oportunidad)
Level 7

Congrats for your community!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This content has been removed.
Level 8

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, Jordi. I'm really sure you will be selected to the summit. I hope to see you in SF.

¡Saludos desde el otro lado del charco! 🙂

PD: congratulations for your amazing pictures!

Thank you! I really hope so.

Un saludo 😄

Level 8

Buena suerte @jordi7 tienes un buen perfil para ser seleccionado

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Level 8

¡Gracias!