YanniY's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

What do you review?

I think most Local Guides are great at reviewing restaurants because food is in everyone's DNA! But I do hope that we can review more niche and more neglected places other than just restaurants. 

Other than restaurants, what is your favourite place to review? 

I personally enjoy reviewing supermarkets, just because I shop there really often. Also, a supermarket is so huge, there are so many interesting and unique information that you can share with Local Guides. What about you? 

17 comments

Re: What do you review?

I like to review places that allow dogs and dog parks. Its really helpful for me to know where I can pop in for a snack or drink or some shopping while I've got my pups. For dogparks, its helpful to know which ones have benches or water or are small dog only. 

Benny and JoonBenny and JoonThese are my two chihuahua-pinscher puppies, Benny and Joon. Well, I guess I shouldn't call them puppies anymore as they are almost 7 years old. But at 8lbs each, they look a bit like puppies 🙂 You can typically find pictures of them under the hashtag #joonandbenny

Level 9

I review restaurants, hotels and stores because I'm aware they are really useful for everybody. Both for locals and turists.

But what I love to review are monuments or buildings in the public space that are interesting or have some history. Especially those relatively less know and hidden in plain sight.

That's a great insight @Corrie! I just wished places in Singapore would be more pet-friendly. 

#joonandbenny are really tiny. I have a cat that is heavier than the 2 of them combined! 

Agree with you @MartinSolari. I know a group of Taipei Local Guides recently went on a geowalk to map historical sites and there were historians who led the tours and provided useful insights into unknown buildings, artifacts in the city. Very altruistic and meaningful project.

Would a historical geowalk like this work in your city as well?

Level 9

You've just give me a great idea: a Historical Geowalk (or Photowalk 🙂 in my city!

I could be about different neighborhoods, different periods, different meanings...

Thanks @YanniY!

No problem @MartinSolari - hope to see this meet-up happening soon!

Level 8

I tend to reivew any business that I use, be it a restaurant or the local opticians.. they are all of interest to someone, someday.. admitedly I tend to store them up and do the reviews all in one go when I'm less busy

Googler

I review every place I visit, whether it's a restaurant, park, museum or gas station. I like to leave my mark on Google Maps and share what makes that place special...or not so special. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

I like to review everything I can find. Supermarkets, monuments, parks etc. Everywhere I've ever been. I try to add photos of my visit with my review to help other people. 

If tourists comes to visit and want to check if there is anything to see or shop, I think they would like to know if a monument has value to go and watch it. 

-- Sieuwe, helper of all ! --