Suneha's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

What do i gain as a local guide?

Guys I am new to this and my pictures are a hit. I want to understand the value of my contribution to Google maps. How does it benefit me in any way? kindly help explain

Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: What do i gain as a local guide?

Oh man. Where do I start?

First of all, by providing high quality contributions to Google Maps, you're basically helping each other to make sure information is accurate on Maps. There are many people (including me) that are relying on Maps for day to day navigation, to find business opening hours, reviews of restaurants, fastest way to reach a place, and many more. I feel like this is basically the biggest benefit we can get as Local Guides.

Aside from that, it also allows people to interact with other Local Guides worldwide, by interacting in this forum (Connect). I've been a Local Guide for a few years now, and I must say I've learned a lot from my interaction with other Local Guides. It also allows me to have a local 'expert' whenever I'm traveling to other places. I've got a chance to meet some Local Guides when I travel new places, and it allowed me to experience things that I wouldn't experience otherwise. So in a way, we always have friends no matter we go, whether it's in the form of information on Maps (reviews, photos, etc), or actually meeting the Local Guides in person.

That's all I have, but I'm going to let others chime in as well. 🙂

Level 5

Currently there are no perks rolled out perks given just to encourage us along the way.

As a Local Guide, you earn points for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Those points lead to higher levels of the program, as well as benefits like early access to Google features and special perks from partners. Perks and benefits for the Local Guides program are always changing.  Benefits like invites to special events are made available to our high quality and actively contributing Local Guides. Here is a review of our points system

Local Guides also enjoy early access to new product features as well as occasional perks from some of our partners and benefits from Google. There is no financial compensation from being a Local Guide as this is an at-will program that you are free to contribute to at your own leisure. 

To make sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates'.

Level 10

Bonjour @Suneha,

Je compléterai ce qu'a écrit @iyudhi.

C'est la satisfaction d'aider par nos contributions  (photos, avis, modification des signaux envoyé à Google ) les internautes lorsqu'ils utilisent son service de cartographie. Ainsi le credo de Google prend tout son sens. Nous aidons les gens à trouver  "LA" réponse à sa question qu'il se pose.

C'est une satisfaction de se dire qu'il trouvera  grâce à nos contributions une boulangerie proposant du pain sans gluten et accessible en fauteuil roulant.