Xincredible's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What Local Guides means to me: Being the north star for the best bite

Local Guides is not the first review platform launched and certainly won’t be the last one. Why did I choose it and commit to it? Because it allows me to be the north star for anyone who wants to experience the best bite. 

Linguiça assada on fire at Oporto Fooding House & Wine in HoustonLinguiça assada on fire at Oporto Fooding House & Wine in Houston

Local Guides program allows me to have global influence. People from different parts of the world have always used different platforms when they search for restaurants. In HK, it is Open Rice. In Europe, it is Trip Advisor. In America, it is Yelp. And what do they do next? They go to maps for directions. When google put Local Guides right within Google maps, it entirely changed the game. People can find the place, read reviews and get directions all in one place. Being the foodie I am, there was no better place for me to be an influencer.

You won't want to eat anywhere else once you try Sushi Yasuda  in Manhattan.You won't want to eat anywhere else once you try Sushi Yasuda in Manhattan.

Being a local guide allows me to share my experiences with people in every corner of the world. For customers, there is nothing better than hearing, in this case, reading, what others felt about a restaurant. For restaurants, word of mouth is the best marketing they can get. The fact that I can help both of them with my reviews, puts a smile on my face.

Spider crab pasta in VeniceSpider crab pasta in Venice

Because of Local Guides, the first fun fact everyone knows about me is I am a food reviewer. Having an outstanding number of views and likes makes me the north star when people need help in finding a restaurant. My “Eat with Xin in Boston” list has been requested throughout my company. Also, I am the go-to person for restaurant recommendations when people are planning their trips.

Molten lava bun in ChinaMolten lava bun in China

Boston, MA, USA