EricMartinezPH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

What Local Guides Mean to Me!

Hello Rockstar Local Guides!

After more than 3 years of stumbling upon this wonderful program we're all passionate about, allow me to share with you WHY I do what I do and what keeps me going even after I have reached that elusive LG Level 10:

• I help others in my community - whenever one of my contributions are able to help other people in making smarter everyday decisions through my pictures, reviews, videos or edits; I get a strong sense of satisfaction that I am able to share my knowledge with others around me.

• I'm able to live my passions - taking pictures and videos and writing has always been a hobby for me so being able to do these while contributing to Maps makes the program even more enjoyable as it's more of an additional outlet that I'm able to share with the rest of the world

• I learn new things about an area - I try to think about the needs of the Map user when mapping so I make it a point to do a bit of research too, to make sure that my contributions are practical and helpful; this means that I also benefit from knowing an area more in depth

• I meet the best people ever -  Local Guides are some of the friendliest and most helpful people you'll meet anywhere. Whether I'm attending local or regional meet-ups or the LG summit, these are friendships that you build that would last a lifetime. You're shared love of the Local Guide program makes for awesome conversation and makes any trip out super interesting.

• I make Maps better - I use Google Maps myself prolifically for my everyday tasks, commutes and travels. I consider it a privilege to be able to add my grain of salt in improving the platform daily, little by little. The more people we can convince to contribute to Maps, the better it can be as a tool to help countless individuals and communities throughout the world.

Why do I Guide?Why do I Guide?

How about you? What are your reasons for actively contributing to the Local Guide program?

Would love to read your thoughts, type in your comments please - I'll reply to every single one 🙂

- Eric from the Philippines

Philippines
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: What Local Guides Mean to Me!

Definitely think it is important to highlight what keeps Level 10 users like us going - especially when it shows there is much more to the program than points. Through this program, I've had the chance to meet you and @GrethelP and have had the chance to see your explorations through your YouTube as well. Without the program, we'd never know/meet/interact with some of the most interesting people we've had the pleasure of meeting through this program. For me, that is a strong reason for being a Local Guide after so long. 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 8

Re: What Local Guides Mean to Me!

OMG! I Just saw this message and It is one of the most beautiful comments I've received about what I do. Thank you so much and I am very happy and glad to meet you too! Definitely this program is awesome and we should be proud to be part of it and be able to share with our friends about it! ❤️