Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: What Is Your Favorite Quote As A Local Guide | The Quotes Lovers

@Badruddeen wrote:

Hi @HelloSamsonR

Another quote which I like very much.

"Two roads diverged in a wood and I  took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference." --Robert Frost

Cheers

Hmm, interesting quote @Badruddeen Thank you for sharing. You seem to amaze me with your incredible quotes frequently. Well done Man.

Level 2

When I first moved to Indianapolis, there was a place nearby that was named West something or other, but it wasn't on the west side. I told my coworker (who was an Indy native), "That makes no sense, why would they call it that when it's not west at all?" I'll never forget his reply: 

"Hoosiers don't have to make sense. North Vernon is in the south, South Bend is in the north, and French Lick ain't what you think it is either!"  I still chuckle when I think about that. And the longer I stay in Indiana, I find it to be true, Hoosiers don't have to make sense when they're naming stuff. Just accept it and move on because questioning it will drive you crazy. lol

Level 7

Hello @HelloSamsonR  and Hello everyone!

It was really amazing to read your post and quotes by others, I was too late to come here, but it is OK! 

"देर आये दुरुस्त आये" 

this is what we say for latecomers :))

Here is my Quote:

“When no one was there to guide you, you learned yourself, don’t stuck yourself with this, guide other’s what you learned, that no one should stuck!”

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 10

@MyCarDocIndy That was quite an experience. Oh wow, thanks for sharing them with us :).

Level 10

Hi @Vasudeo You are definitely not too late. Thanks for sharing such much insightful quote to us. It is one most of us can reckon with.  Good to also see this is also a  motivational factor to you. No doubt it will definitely guide and spur you on ways you make your contributions as a local guide. thanks for sharing.

Level 8

"Do good,  good will come to you"

Level 10

That is nice @Rakibits Thanks for sharing.

Level 7

Hey @HelloSamsonR! I have loved following this board. It is really inspiring.
I know so many quotes that inspire me as a teacher and a learner but I have never found a quote that really inspired me as a Local Guide.
But recently while reading this board I was reminded of this quote:

"They gathered sticks and kindled a fire and left it burning."

This is the quote that was written above the fireplace at my university and I realized that it really applies to Local Guides as well.

We all come together as Local Guides because we want to better our communities, we learn skills on how to better accomplish our activities (and ourselves) and we connect with others and both inspire and become inspired by each other, and we will forever carry on this fire that we have kindled with these people from all over the world and forever continue to do more, teach more, and learn more.

Level 10

Wow @Christine_T

@Christine_T wrote:

I know so many quotes that inspire me as a teacher and a learner but I have never found a quote that really inspired me as a Local Guide.

This is the quote that was written above the fireplace at my university and I realized that it really applies to Local Guides as well.

We all come together as Local Guides because we want to better our communities, we learn skills on how to better accomplish our activities (and ourselves) and we connect with others and both inspire and become inspired by each other, and we will forever carry on this fire that we have kindled with these people from all over the world and forever continue to do more, teach more, and learn more.

This is such an inspirational write-up. Really amazing. I have so much more to learn from you. Thanks for sharing this with you piece of information here. This is really educative and informative. Great reasons to why I love this community. I definitely do know many will learn a lot from this. I will definitely share this with my friends.

Level 10

@Christine_T wrote:

@Sagir @Justine2807 @ValeriaA_ @AlejandraMaria @LaxmiG1  @@BudionoS @MiaMaria @Badruddeen @RupendraNeupane @Specobelle

Check this lovely piece by Christine.