VivekSunny's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What I love sharing on Google Maps mostly and why?

Kashmiri Migrant Camp, Nagrota, Jammu, J&KKashmiri Migrant Camp, Nagrota, Jammu, J&K

At present, I live in Jammu city, the city of temples and my birthplace is Kashmir. The city lies in Jammu and Kashmir, the northernmost state of India. Being a Local Guide, I mostly love to add Small businesses and Schools to Google maps. This is because in my area there are many small scale businesses and Government Schools that are missing from the Google maps. I do this because I want my area to be known by others, and as outsiders come to know these small businesses or Government Schools, they may approach their with some hope and this will also help small businesses to generate more revenue and expand their scale. This means that there will be an increment in the pace of development in that area. Development of small scale businesses and helping Google map users is my main concern towards contribution to the Google maps. Ultimately this pace of development and expansion in the scale of small scale businesses will help the whole nation grow. I personally feel that Google has done a great job by letting anyone be a local guide and contribute directly. 

Secondly, I work as an Assistant-Sub-Inspector in Border Security Force (BSF). BSF is one of the well-disciplined para-military forces of India. When I'm not at my home, I am at duty. My job profile allows me to visit distant places and explore new areas in different parts of the country. As of now, I have mostly been to rural areas and tribal areas. I really feel amazing when I add small scale businesses, Government Institutions, and other important constructions from such tribal areas to Google Maps. Sometimes, I also feel a bit surprised when I discover some places in such remote locations already added to Google Maps by other Local Guides. I also like to add Small restaurants and Juice corners (I love Juice) to Google maps and their accessibility to Google maps, mostly when I'm travelling.

Another thing, I would like to share is that I have also gained good skills in Photography and being a local guide, you are supposed to add pictures of different places and having clicked so many pictures, I have gained some skills and art of photography, which makes me feel proud.

Thanks to the "local guides connect" community for clearing my doubts about Google Maps.

Jammu and Kashmir