JoffreV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What I love about Google Maps <3

Hello, Local Guides community!

My name is Joffre and I am a level 8 Local Guide from Loja, Ecuador. Loja is a small but beautiful city in the southern Andes region of Ecuador, a really diverse country of South America.

I started using Google Maps in 2014 casually, but it wasn't until 2016 that I started contributing to it seriously. My favorite thing to do in the maps is to take good photos of the places I visit, specially restaurants. I am a chef and I love food, so I try that everyone that looks for a good place to eat can find it with the help I can provide, i.e., with photos showing the atmosphere of the restaurant and how the dishes look. This has led me to get more than 4.5 millions of views in my photos, which makes me really proud and feel I'm really helping people find the best spots. But that isn't the only thing I love about contributing to the Maps. I also try to write a complete and thorough review of the places I visit, so people can know what to expect about it.

As I live in a small city, I also love to add new places to the maps, specially the small businesses so they can get to reach a bigger audience and clients.

I really hope I can go to this years Local Guides Connect Live because last year I didn't make it. Although that didn't stop me from contributing and as of today I've been contributing for more than 70 consecutive weeks with photos, reviews, adding places, answering questions from other guides or whatever I can do to make Google Maps a more complete place for everyone to enjoy.

Yours truly and always contributing,

Joffre

JV
Loja, Ecuador