DebanjanJPG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

We are facing problem in Unofficial Local Guides community.

Dear All respected Google Moderator Teams Members,

After complete my Label 3. I am join one unofficial local guides community in my area. After sum day community owner Mr. X ( I can’t share owner name) promoted me as a Moderator in this community page. I am arrange many type of Meet-up and hangout event and share my experience to other members. But sum problems start in this community. One day I am see ownership change. New owner name Mr. Y ( I can’t share owner name) show in this community and community name not seen in this Google unofficial community map. Because community owner Mr. Y ( I can’t share owner name) not a complete “Moderator Training”. After sum days getting ownership back Mr. X ( I can’t share owner name) has removed us me and others from moderator status. He also removed previous owner Mr. Y ( I can’t share owner name) from both owner and moderator status. 

We did anything wrong and he has selected someone of his choice only. What he is doing is misusing his LG status. Unofficial local guide community is a private propriety ?

Now we are unable to post anything. Myself feeling very low as a local guide. Sorry I am can’t mention owner and community name for example purpose use (Mr. X and Mr. Y).

Please advice. 

Thank you.

Regard

Thanks and Regard
Debanjan Chakrabarti
West Bengal, India
3 comments
Googler

Re: We are facing problem in Unofficial Local Guides community.

@DebanjanJPG Thank you for not sharing personal information as we respect everyone's privacy. The Local Guides team supports communities created by Local Guides if they meet our guidelines. When a supported community no longer meets our guidelines or a community owner/moderator violates our program rules, we will no longer support that community and/or take any necessary action. 

It is at the owner's discretion to appoint fellow community moderators. The team does not have any oversight on the community and encourages Local Guides to work out any concerns amongst themselves.

Thank you for being so passionate about Local Guides and hosting meet-ups. You're always welcome to post and share your experiences in this community.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Hello @TraciC

Thanks for reply. I know guideline and rules. But we are not violent any program rules. Without notice, how to remove any moderator in this page? It is owner’s privet propriety? Before remove “Moderator” issue a notice on community wall. Then remove or changes in this community.  I suggest to Local Guides Team please mention this type rules on your guideline.  

Regard

Thanks and Regard
Debanjan Chakrabarti
Googler

@DebanjanJPG Again, these are not official communities (they are not owned by Google Local Guides) so as long as they are not violating the policies or guidelines, we do not step in to take any actions. Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.