OscarLeonardoVM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

We are Local Guides in Colombia!

Greetings from Bogotá, Colombia. I am Leonardo and the L on my name is the L of Local Guide. 

I truly believe that information is the most valuable thing in the world. Data is key to understand the world around us. From ordinary pieces of paper to extraordinary, complex and complete banks of data, maps have changed the way we interact with our world. 

I started to contribute with my opinions of places on Google Maps because of my like for writing. Quickly I found it captivating. I've seen the maps of Colombia become more and more complete. Each day it's more useful and I figured it out that I can be an important part of this. 

I enjoy adding new places and trying something new based on my maps discoveries.  

Thanks to the Local Guides program and rewards I took the habit of going somewhere new every week and always share with the world my experiences. Every time I write about a restaurant, a coffee, a bar, a hotel or any place, I try to think “How did this place make me feel like?” 

This is what I try to write on my reviews, emotions and reactions that you can expect. Because going somewhere is more than a need or a wish, it’s an experience that depending on your mood has an impact on your life. 

I try to think what I would have appreciated to known before going to a place. Are the people who work there nice? Is there a place where you can ask for help? Does this place make you feel happy? Is there something that can bother you? Is there any reason you shouldn’t go? 

I know I can make a bigger impact, at least on my city, maybe in my country. That's why I want to attend Local Guides Live Connect 2018. I want to learn from you and from other Local guides how to host an event and how-to make a bigger impact and create on maps the most accurate version of my world. See you soon! 

Bogotá, Colombia