KimberlyAnnG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

WHY am I a Local Guide???

I’m @KimberlyAnnG and I'm a Level 8 San Francisco Bay Area Local Guide.

I don't do this for the points but they ARE fun!I don't do this for the points but they ARE fun!

As you can see, I like to spread the love out.  Photos are my favorite area though!  I have exactly 37,767,091 views as of this morning!!  I find it fascinating to see what photos people respond to.  Beautiful shots of food NEVER do as well (view wise) as do photos that show the space and how to navigate it.  I still love pretty food pics so don't worry.  I have plenty like this one.....

Affogato from Creamistry in San Diego -  An affogato is an Italian coffee-based dessert. It usually takes the form of a scoop of vanilla gelato or ice cream topped or "drowned" with a shot of hot espresso.Affogato from Creamistry in San Diego - An affogato is an Italian coffee-based dessert. It usually takes the form of a scoop of vanilla gelato or ice cream topped or "drowned" with a shot of hot espresso.

Being a Local Guide means I get to play with Google Maps and I have loved Maps since the day it came out!!!  It's become so much a part of my daily life.  I really like that being a Local Guide allows us to make Maps even better.  Anything helpful I can add will not just help 1000's of others but it will also help ME!!!  Corrected hours for a business means Maps will tell me if that business will be closed when I arrive!  I depend on the Maps info to be complete and correct!!

I will say though, the biggest reason to be in THIS community is the people!  No where else will you find people with so many similar interests and passion.

Get a group of Local Guides in one place and some things you can count on:

1.  There WILL be great food to eat!!!  Like bloodhounds, we sniff it out!

2.  There WILL be a ton of food photos taken before a single bite is......LOL!  Document, document, document!

3.  There WILL be laughter.  When you already know you enjoy a lot of the same things, friendships happen instantly!

I have been fortunate to have attended both the 2016 and 2017 Local Guides Summits.  The people I've met both years have become the thing I most treasure about the experience.  I've even been known to visit a number of them, internationally even 😀

The Saturday prior to last year's Summit, I organized the first ever LG Bike Tour of Mission Bay, SF 🚲  

Meeting all but 3 of these attendees for the first time.....and then taking them on a bike ride in SF!Meeting all but 3 of these attendees for the first time.....and then taking them on a bike ride in SF!

Check the hyperlink for more photos from that day, it was EPIC!  I will be working on something to try and top that for THIS year's Connect Live.....taking suggestions!

I could go on forever and post a book series worth of photos but I won't.....hoping to be able to show it all to you in person.  Good luck to all that applied and hope to see you in October!

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

San Francisco, CA, USA