VikramSingh_Valera's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Vipassana meditation - significant and impactful experience

did a 10-day Vipassana meditation course in Ahmedabad. And it was the most significant and impactful experience of my life so far. You will be able to decide if you should get this experience yourself at some point in time. To go to this course, you have to apply for it at least 3 months earlier. The applications are open usually just for a day or two and then they close. There are no charges for attending this course. You are free to pay a donation after the course. That means that when you go to the course, for 10 days, you are living on the donation of others. That is needed to be humble because you are not going to get delicious food or 5-star accommodation. It is simple and enough for a healthy stay and experience.

Untitled designffffffffffffff.png

They will tell you about the requirements of the course on the first day. You can opt out of the course on the first day if you want. If you agree to the terms, you are required to stay for the entire 10 days. You are not allowed to: Talk with anyone (except the teacher or the servers) Have a mobile phone with you Have reading or writing material with you It is recommended to not have any kind of new input to the mind if this meditation technique has to work.

The day starts at 4 am and meditation starts at 4:30 am. It goes up to 6:30 am and then you have your simple breakfast with tea. Then we meditate from 8-11 am. Then from 1 pm to 5 pm. Then from 6 to 7 pm. You will have a discourse at 7:15 pm and then the day ends at 9 pm. This goes on for 10 days.

Meditation HallMeditation Hall

On the surface, it looks like an impossible task but once you learn the technique of meditation, you will start liking it. The first 3 days are difficult. Not because you have to meditate or because you have to stay away from the phones.

student residencesstudent residences

But because when you meditate, a lot of thoughts will come to your mind. You will have all the negative and positive emotions surface in your mind. You are not adding new thoughts to your mind and hence the old ones surface, along with the emotions. You will get agitated and will be surprised at how much these thoughts have been occupying your mind space. From the 4th day, the mind calms down and you can start with the meditation technique. By the 10th day, you will feel that your mind has been purified. Any thoughts of revenge, hurting other's feelings or anger would have vanished completely. That's the natural state of our mind (or soul).

Night ViewsNight Views

I am going to do this again for sure, probably once or twice every year. It is also beneficial to follow this every day for 1-2 hours and keep our minds pure. This meditation course doesn't ask you to believe anything. The technique demands that you put in the work with patience and experience things for yourself. There is no mantra or chanting involved in this technique and it is extremely scientific. 

Have you ever had such an experience?

@NareshDarji  @TravellerG  @Shrut19  @Ptrivedi @bhayani_naitik @ATULPATEL17178 @Kinjalchhaya 

430300226_3464573060458773_167284905993237282_n.jpg

Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless>

Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
23 comments
Level 9

Re: Vipassana meditation - significant and impactful experience

@RosyKohli  @Mukund_hirpara_  @AjayKumarB @Premalpatel  @travellgrapher 

Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless>

Level 9

@Rushabh_Sindhav @goldens  @sagarantala  @Rajashree @Rajashreee @RajashreeKhot @rajashreeghosh19 

Level 9

@Rahul1942  @yagokd  @ImNikunj91  @Vijay_Bhadani @het_3012  @Vatsal30  @AjiT  @AjitA 

Level 9

@TravelClever  @ashishdesai24 @chiragvankar  @Dhavalandro  @ModNomad  @Nomad_vikram  @RajnikantS  @JitendraKumarprasa 

Level 9

@Nachiket_methre @Tushar_Suradkar  @ajitthite @Ajitthegreat @MayuriKubal @NandKK @AnubhaG @AnubhaBangia 

Level 9

@PrasadVR 

@Kumaarsantosh 

@Kamalhosen @ShailendraOjha @jakiripsc 

Level 9

@Tandrima2 @Tandrima @TandrimaDutta @AdamGT @KashifMisidia @DeniGu 

Level 10

Nicely put together @VikramSingh_Valera. Happy for you that you attended and had a great experience at Vipassana meditation.

Have heard a lot and many of knowns have attended too but I have not yet so fortunate to experience this as yet.

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

My Map | My Insta | My Post Gallery

Coach I Mentor I Photographer I Traveler

Level 7

Nice story telling. @VikramSingh_Valera 

I didn't get this experience, but I know how it is because my father has done in past.

Happy to read your post. 😊🙏