Seedra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Vesak, Kids, LGs, Sky Lanterns

Hi dear friends,

This was my first experience hosting a meet up.

IMG_20180430_184727.jpg

That was an amazing day and had a lot of fun. I noticed in the Local Guide Connect a coming up meet-up organized by @Anurdha launching sky lanterns at Kaluthara where is far away from my area. But however myself and my friends @vijaih and @Mickey825 wanted to join that meet up because that was we are most awaited event. So we decided to organize a similar meet up in Anuradhapura following the Kaluthara meet-up. We were very excited to organize this meet-up. I asked help from @AnuradhaP because I haven’t organize a meet up before.  Thanks to @AnuradhaP that was very easy to organize my very first meet up. He advised me and helped me a lot.

I order the sky lanterns online and got it on time. I asked my neighbors and brothers fried to join us to launch the sky lanterns. Before the scheduled time we launched one lantern for trial. It was successful.

On that day my best buddies @vijaih and @Mickey825 came to my home. That was a very enjoyable day. My brother’s friends also came early and helped us to set the lanterns. 

starsstars

First, we unpacked the lanterns. The lanterns came with an individual packing and need to unfold carefully because it’s made of a special thin paper. Then we slicked the Logo on lanterns and kept dry the glue. We took funny photos too.

After that we all went to our selected location Nuwarawewa (Nuwarawewa Tank). That was a windy day so we had to face unexpected problems.  Few lanterns was burn before launch and finally we was success and launch rest of lanterns that was an amazing experience to all specially for kids.  The lanterns flew high.  We all enjoyed lot and was very happy.

IMG_20180430_184729.jpg

IMG_20180430_190404.jpg

IMG_20180430_190338.jpg

IMG_20180430_190457.jpg

IMG_20180430_184900.jpg

IMG_20180430_190838.jpg

IMG_20180430_190851.jpg

IMG_20180430_204345.jpg

IMG_20180430_202823.jpg

Rest of the lunching all the lanterns we enjoyed eating sandwich which were brought by our family friends.

IMG_20180430_205644.jpg

That was a nice meet up, not only for Local Guides but also my family and neighbors. Some asked about “Local Guides”. We explain them what we are doing as a Local Guides and how we help the community by contribute to Google maps. They thanks and requested to organize this event in next year too. 

Photo Album 

Video 1

Video 2

plus.google.com/u/0/communities/108877772177547307986">Anuradhapura Local Guides | Sri Lanka Local Guides Facebook Group
Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka
14 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Vesak, Kids, LGs, Sky Lanterns

Hi @Seedra.

Thank you for sharing with us. I hope everyone had a great time and also kudos for the hard work on making really nice lanterns.

Just to let you know that I've moved your post out of the spam and it is now visible publicly. Some posts are being automatically marked as spam, apologies for that.

You can visit this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 8

Thank you @sonnyNg. for encouraging and appreciating me. I was confused when I see my first recap marked as spam. 

plus.google.com/u/0/communities/108877772177547307986">Anuradhapura Local Guides | Sri Lanka Local Guides Facebook Group
Level 10

@Seedra Way to go. Love to see more meetups and contributions to Google Maps. Let us organize a meetup in Anuradhapura again.

Level 6

Good memories.. 😊😊

Connect Moderator

Always unbelievable, how Localguideconnect spread smile over the globe 🌏!!! 

Thank you for the smiling faces and the recap!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 9

Beautiful RECAP @Seedra 🙂 next time I will also join  🙂

Level 8

Thank you @AnuradhaP defiantly I will organize a meet up soon. 

Level 8

yes of course @Mickey825

Level 8

Thank you @IlankovanT  I will organize the next meet up soon. We realy want to know your experience at the LG Live connect 2018.