PzSniper's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Venue Name Error in Italy RISTORANTE LOMBARDA

Hi,

I've discovered that's probably there's an error in a venue type translations.

I'm Italian an living in Brescia, so my region is named Lombardia but when i try to categorize our typical local restaurants the word it's spelled wrong

It's : RISTORANTE LOMBARDA

Should be: RISTORANTE LOMBARDO

Or : RISTORANTE CON CUCINA LOMBARDA

Brescia, BS, Italia
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Level 10
Solution

Re: Venue Name Error in Italy

Hello @PzSniper 

Translation errors are common. I guess AI has done that automatic conversion.
You have multiple options to correct that.
1. Edit the POI - Usually that works in most of the cases.
2. If the problem is generic, you can use the "Settings", "Send feedback", "Your opinion about Maps". However, that may take a longer time.
3. Include a screenshot highlighting multiple cases and tag a moderator.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Level 10
Solution

Hello @PzSniper 

Translation errors are common. I guess AI has done that automatic conversion.
You have multiple options to correct that.
1. Edit the POI - Usually that works in most of the cases.
2. If the problem is generic, you can use the "Settings", "Send feedback", "Your opinion about Maps". However, that may take a longer time.
3. Include a screenshot highlighting multiple cases and tag a moderator.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @PzSniper,

Thanks for reaching out to the team! : ]

In relation to your inquiry, do feel free to check as @C_T kindly suggested, as it would be important to check with sending feedback on that regard to Google Maps. (for the moment, the reply would be accepted as Solution)

We review your edits, so your changes might take some time to be updated on the map. Google may email you about the status of your edits and may forward you questions from other people who review your edits.

Should there be any further specific inquiry, do not hesitate to let a Moderator know.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!

Hi @PzSniper,

Please be aware that I’ve edited your post to remove the Italian language tag, as it’s in English. You are welcome to post in Local Guides Connect in the language you prefer. You can learn more about language tags in this article.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Hi,  

Thank you for answer but, i don't get why this couldn't be escalated to appropriate department directly with my infos provided here.

But, you asked to post a screenshot and here you are.

Screenshot_20200204-132353_Maps.jpg

Level 8

@sonnyNgcan you take a look please?

Hi @PzSniper,

Thanks for clarifying! 

It would be indeed correct to send feedback  to Google Maps as @C_T suggested, should specific details can be spotted during the category picking when users Add a missing place.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 8

Feedback form using last option Filled up the last option.

Level 8

Rif.: Venue Name Error in Italy

After 2 YEARS the error it's still in the Maps... well done...😑

I didn't want to say it, but this local connect is useless if the time we dedicate to reporting problems does not lead to any resolution