JonasKL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

VOLUNTEER PROGRAM!

Hello guys!

I know the past few has been a blast for others and a sad moment for other local guides following the invitations for #LGSummit17. 

It is a trying  moment for an active local guide who contributes frequently both to the Local Guides Connect and Google Maps as well as the community page.

I just want to urge the Local Guides Community that, we are serving a volunteer program. Sometimes we might be tempted to participate in order to get something. But my heart goes out to all those invited and all those who were not invited to be one. 

Failure to be invited to this years summit should not make one leave the program. It has been fun contributing places, and I strongly believe that with our determination and hard work, next year still is another summit. 

I wish you happy guiding and happy days

google_local_guides_logo-icon-300x100.png

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Kenya
24 comments
Level 9

Re: VOLUNTEER PROGRAM!

@JonasKL thank you so much for writing here about local guides and lgsummit. Yes it is volunteer program. 

You are a good author. 

Hope to see you soon 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

@JonasKL You are correct, this is a volunteer work and you should not expect something from it(actually whenever you are using Google Maps you are getting something :)). Yes, work hard, next time you will be there.

Level 8

Well Said @JonasKL

It really feels good.

Thanks for your kind words.

Level 8

@JonasKL I think people often times forget that it is in fact a Volunteer Program, that they invest so much to get to Summit, and when it doesn't happen for them a full on tantrum ensues afterwards. We are supposed to be doing this with the best intentions, not for physical rewards. When you do things without expecting anything in return the greatest surprises comes from it. 

I'm so glad you wrote this post!

Level 9

Thank you so much for understanding about the program. I hope the rest of the team thinks the way you do. Happy guiding @deepakjhic

Level 9

Well said @AnuradhaP

Level 9

@Umashankar, @DiAnaUS, @LucioV, @TraciC, @JeslynL, @Corrie, @ShafiulB, @RobAo, @InnocensiaO, @iyudhi and others I may have not mentioned.

I know one thing for certain that so far, I have achieved the greatest reward of all. Getting to know about you as my friends across the globe. The summit will only last for 3 days, but the frienship lasts a lifetime. I am so priviledged to have know you

Receive much ❤ from Kenya.

Thank you.

Level 8

Awww @JonasKL I share the same sentiment 🙂 

These world wide friendships are priceless!

Level 9

Thank you so much @DiAnaUS for having the same mind with me on this. I have been trying to explain about it in previous topics but most people are adamant to accept the truth that all in all its a volunteer program. 

Happy guiding.