Kaanao's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

VISIT DUBAI with LOCAL GUIDE : Is it a joke or a strange organization?

I'm sorry if I'm not in the right place to talk about this, 
but I do not know who to talk to, so if anyone can help me
but I'm speaking to the eventual organizers if the mail I have received is not spam.

On March 28, I received an e-mail from @googlelocalguide inviting me to a trip to #Dubai
from April 16 to 19 with their partner #visitdubai.
But in the mail I am told to answer before March 22 (but I received the email on March 28).
in the FAQ, it is stated that the inscriptions stop on March 1st.
and I sent an email to the person in charge (according to the email @google) who told me it was good.
The person sent me a form to fill out asking me for my passport, my details, departure city etc ...
(as for the # connectlive2018 event). I did not have any follow up, the person said to have sent me flights
that I have to confirm, but I did not receive anything ....

I do not know who to contact, is it a joke?
it seems strange to me, because the first mail comes from Google local guide ....
please if someone who organizes this trip at #google #localguide can you help me to clarify the situation ?? ? thank you in advance !

Naomi

here is the mail I received from Google local guide...
Capture d’écran 2019-04-01 à 17.52.41.jpg

Capture d’écran 2019-04-01 à 17.53.02.jpg

4 comments
Level 9

Re: VISIT DUBAI with LOCAL GUIDE : Is it a joke or a strange organization?

@Kaanao  This is strange.  I'm tagging a Google moderator here who might help you. @KatyaL Can you look into this?

Also, I suggest you remove the email address in the 2nd screenshot. Here on Connect we respect everyone's privacy.

Hope you will have a solution soon. 

Connect with me: My blog, YouTubeFacebookInstagram

Level 6

Hello @SaifIS , thank you very much for your return! it's very nice.

and thank you, I modified the post by hiding the email address 😉
kind regards

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Kaanao,

Thank you for reaching out. I have just released your post from the Spam section of Connect. I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times.

You can take a look at this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Regarding your inquiry, we will investigate this case further and we will get back to you when we have an update.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Kaanao,

There was an error in the email with regards to the RSVP date. The RSVP date should have been April 5, 2019. I can confirm that this email is not spam. Should you wish to redeem this perk, please RSVP by clicking the link in your email. Our partner, Visit Dubai, will be in touch shortly thereafter to move forward with your request.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!