gsubashb4u's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Uploaded Videos not showing up in maps

Hi team, from quite few weeks my uploaded videos (less than 30 Seconds) are not showing up in maps nor even the video views are getting updated.Please address the same at the earliest.

G Subash
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Uploaded Videos not showing up in maps

In the Statue of Liberty, NY I can see your video @gsubashb4u. As a reminder on Google Maps, you can write reviews for places you’ve visited. Contributions must be based on real experiences and information. 

Also please take into account that a video can be made private because it  violates Google’s review policy or policy for audio, so it might be good to take a quick look at that too.

By the way, I relabeled your post to How-tos, as it answers to a question and other Local Guides might benefit from the answers.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Thank you for reaching out @gsubashb4u,

Since when did you notice the issue? Can you see the videos in your contributions, but not in the Point of interest? Can you please add more details? Like your OS and your smartphone. Have you forced a log-out on your device by clicking on the Log Out button in the UI, clear browser cookies/cache, and Log back in?

I am sorry about the tonnes of questions. Your answers will help us to understand better the issue.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @VasT thank you for your reply and coming forward to address the issue. Details inline:

1. Video upload shows completed and as well points. Later I never find that in "my contributions" nor for that place. Points earned for uploading a video clip also gets deducted.

2. I'm using latest Android phone version.

3. It's happening since many months and I thought my mobile has issues with maps. Even with my brand new android phone also the same scenario.

4. For whatever video clips that are showing, I see some views count. But they aren't getting updated in the "badge" section.

5. Novice director  badge section: No matter how many times I upload video clips if places, screen shows upload done. After 24 hours I don't see the same for that place nor in the novice director badge section.

G Subash
Level 7

I think it takes time to update. 

Maybe an approval or a delayed update on the counter.

I've noticed my video uploads sometimes can take days to update to the proper count.

This can happen with photos as well but not as long as videos.

Jeffrey Richards

Thank you for providing us with more information @gsubashb4u, as @jpiny already mentioned, sometimes it takes more time to synchronize the badge and your contributions. I would advise you to be patient. Can you provide us with a link of place where you have uploaded a video? 

Thank you in advance.

Level 8

Thank you @VasT and @jpiny for trying to address the issue.

Just out of curiosity, does the patience according to you means 3 month's or more! I will share the list of places where the videos initially showed uploaded and yet not shown up for that places: 

1. In orbit mall, Hyderabad

2. Statue of Liberty, NY (shared by my cousin to upload the view)

3. IKEA stores, Hyderabad

4. Google connect Live clips, 2019 held at The Park on 10.Aug

5. Andhra Pradesh Secretariat road on the eve of August 15th.

6. Asian cinemas complex, Hyderabad

7. AMB and Preston mall complex inside view, Hyderabad

8. WTC tower view, NY (shared by my cousin).

9. Wild waters, Madame Tussauds, Zoo interior view video clip as well my review posts(uploaded close to an year by now), Sydney, NSW

G Subash
Solution

In the Statue of Liberty, NY I can see your video @gsubashb4u. As a reminder on Google Maps, you can write reviews for places you’ve visited. Contributions must be based on real experiences and information. 

Also please take into account that a video can be made private because it  violates Google’s review policy or policy for audio, so it might be good to take a quick look at that too.

By the way, I relabeled your post to How-tos, as it answers to a question and other Local Guides might benefit from the answers.