lorenzoh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

UAE Local Guides

I was finishing up my reviews and decided to Google local guides, and to my surprise, there was an event today, 22nd of October and didn't see any newsletter about it. I wish there's more of that for serious users who contribute, and not those types who review a place with "okay", "nice", "text" just to get a level.

Here was the event:

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/general/dubai/community-helps-develop-google-maps-in-dubai

UAE
9 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: UAE Local Guides

Hey @lorenzoh@Jhoysi and @Carl organized that meet-up and I remember them posting about it here on Connect. I see you'll be joining us at our event in Dubai next week where you'll get to learn more about organizing those types of meet-ups in case that's something you're interested in!

Level 4

Yep, can't wait to see fellow likeminded individuals. 😁 and of course to see office and review it on Google maps. 

@JessicaS wrote:

Hey @lorenzoh@Jhoysi and @Carl organized that meet-up and I remember them posting about it here on Connect. I see you'll be joining us at our event in Dubai next week where you'll get to learn more about organizing those types of meet-ups in case that's something you're interested in!

Level 8

Hey @lorenzoh,

I agree and believe we need to get the community to improve Google maps for Dubai & UAE. It was a spontaneous meet-up and hope to create many more of them. The idea was to explain to the community the benefits of uploading good photos, reviews and making sure information is displayed in a proper manner. 

PM me so we can exchange details and will keep you updated on our next meet-up! 🙂

Level 7

Hi @lorenzoh! Yes, we posted it here and invited everyone who'd be able to help out.

We were able to get people to sign up for Local Guides and the beginners are actually excited with levelling up. The Dubai Instagram community supported this meet up and everyone's looking at another one again soon. We are once again placing everything on scheduling and might have another meet up early December (2nd or 3rd) as we have a few establishments in Dubai who'd like to have their businesses on maps and get reviewed as well.

By any chance you guys are free again for any of this dates, just let me know so we can possibly meet before Nov 17 to catch up over coffee and plan something.

PS: @Carl our mini-community def want a repeat, they quite enjoyed it. 🙂

I blog at www.thethrifttrip.com
Level 4

Hi @Jhoysi just set up the date and I'll be there, though I live in Sharjah I can easily cycle anywhere in Dubai. XD

Level 4

@Carl sent you DM. see you this week!

Level 9

Hi 

Please let us know if the plan still there for 17th of 2-3rd December 

Would like to join .. 

Level 8

Hey @MuR

At the moment, nothing has been confirmed but will keep you updated!

Level 7

Hi @lorenzoh @Carl,  Would you like to join our community and help make U.A.E great. Share the beauty of UAE to the World.

https://plus.google.com/communities/111226469204124701830