BijohnAdams's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Trip to Kaziranga National Park & World Heritage Site, Assam

The Kaziranga National Park is located in the north eastern state Assam, India. This national park is the homeland of famous one-horned Indian Rhinoceroses. World’s most one-horned rhinoceroses are found here; according to the government census there are more than 2400 one-horned Indian Rhinoceros at present. This national park declared as World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985.

It was my sudden trip in the year 2014 when I visited my relative’s home near to the national park. My trip was to the Agaratoli (HQ Eastern) range which is one of the five ranges of the national park. This range is especially famous for various types of local & migratory birds and different types of flora-fauna.

Caption: Me enjoying gypsy safariCaption: Me enjoying gypsy safari

How to reach:

Nearest airport is Rowriah (Jorhat) which is 110 KMs far. For railway lovers, they can book their tickets to the nearest railway station Silghat Town(SHTT) which is 30 KM / Furkating Jn(FKG) 95 KMs / Chaparmukh Jn(CPK) station which is 100 KMs distance from Kaziranga. The national park is also well connected with state capital city Guwahati by air, rail, bus and car; which is about 220 KMs road distance.

Best Time to Visit:

From the month of October to April is the best time to visit the park. After April, rainy season starts all over the region so the park remains closed for tourists.

Caption:- Centre: One-horned Indian Rhinoceros; Clock wise from top left: Grey-headed fish eagle, Indian muntjac, Blue-necked stork, Spot-billed pelican, guards camp, Indian Elephant, Elephant riding towerCaption:- Centre: One-horned Indian Rhinoceros; Clock wise from top left: Grey-headed fish eagle, Indian muntjac, Blue-necked stork, Spot-billed pelican, guards camp, Indian Elephant, Elephant riding tower

Safari:

There are two types of safari available; mainly elephant and gypsy(Open-SUV) to travel inside the national park. For elephant safari better to be booked in advance. It was my sudden trip so I was late to avail the elephant safari.

Accommodation:

Government guest houses are here and advance booking is always a smart choice during season times. Apart from this there are plenty of home stays, guest houses and well maintained resorts. I stayed in my relative’s house which is much closer to the national park.

I really missed a telephoto lens as my trip was totally unplanned here I brought one wide-angle lens only. So, my request to all tourists do proper planning before your trip to the amazing Kaziranga National Park. It will give you bundles of opportunities to make rejoice your memory forever.

Feel free to contact me for any kind of help.😊

@AmbrishVarshney @NareshDarji @deepakjhic @TravellerG @FalguniP @Shrut19 @Anil6969  @TPattanaik @KishorMali @SalmaanN 

With Regards from Assam, India | My Connect Posts
Kaziranga National Park, Assam, India
41 comments
Level 10

Re: Trip to Kaziranga National Park & World Heritage Site, Assam

@BijohnAdams nice post 

Level 9

Wow @BijohnAdams 

It is a well written post. I'll reach you out to plan my trip. 

Thanks for sharing BTW. 

😊

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

@BijohnAdams good post with  a brief details of this national park. Thank you for sharing.

Level 10

Very well written post covering all the aspects for tourists interested in visiting Kaziranga national park. 

KFUPM, Technology Transfer Executive
Level 8

@And12-X2 Thank you so much. 

Level 8

@deepakjhic sir, it will be my pleasure to plan a trip to KNP... Thanks for your encouraging words... 

Level 8

Thank you so much @TPattanaik sir, you are really inspirational... 

Level 8

You are really encouraging @fasi6083 sir... Thanks for supports... 

Level 8

@BijohnAdams 

added in wish list thank you for sharing

Regards Tejal