Abrar-Dawar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Tribal Pashtun Culture Housing Style

AE7E2B65-371F-4FF8-B8FF-1D23E5550BB3.jpeg

This Photo shows a common structure inside a home. It’s a traditional and regional sign of housing in Tribal areas near Pak-Afghan Border. In local language (Pashtu) it’s called as “Manrei” (مانڑئ). It normally contains two to three floors and is meant for to watch around for self defense in the areas where there is no law enforcement agencies.

Abrar
Idak, Pakistan
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Tribal Pashtun Culture Housing Style

Hi @Abrar-Dawar,

Thank you so much for sharing this fascinating information. Do you have other photos from this area that you would like to share with the community?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thank you @KlaudiyaG for your interest. I have spent my childhood in this area and have many many lovely memories related to that. 

20171215_134039.jpg

20090215192.jpg

20090215190.jpg

2015-08-07 19.07.36.jpg

As per your request I am sharing some more pics from the place. Have a look, I hope the community will like it.

Abrar
Former Google Contributor

Wow @Abrar-Dawar, it is so green over there! The contrast is striking and at the same time very lovely. I think that it's really wonderful that you had the chance to grow up in such a place.

Thank you so much for the reply and for sharing these colourful landscapes! 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!