Phil_Situation's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Travel Report: Unforgettable Days in Dumaguete

IMG_9255.jpeg

Dumaguete, Negross. A place where you'll find real nature of the Philippines 🇵🇭 

Travel Report: Unforgettable Days in Dumaguete

Dumaguete, the "City of Gentle People", quickly became one of my favorite destinations in the Philippines. During my stay, I was housed at the Mad Monkey Hostel, a new accommodation known for its friendly atmosphere and clean, comfortable rooms. It was the perfect base for exploring this vibrant city

Dumaguete is the capital of Negros Oriental province and has a population of around 131,377 people (as of 2020). The city is famous for its picturesque waterfront promenade and the historic Siliman University, founded in 1901 and one of the oldest American institutions in Asia.

My Ferry from Dumaguete to cebu. 6 hours ride 30 Euro for the first classMy Ferry from Dumaguete to cebu. 6 hours ride 30 Euro for the first class

Dumaguete, nicknamed "The City of Gentle People," boasts a rich educational heritage with Silliman University and offers exceptional diving opportunities at nearby Apo Island.

A highlight of my trip was visiting Rizal Boulevard, especially enchanting at sunset with its lively street cafes and relaxed vibe. The Bell Tower, the city's oldest landmark, stands proudly as a reminder of its Spanish colonial past.

Getting around Dumaguete is best done on a scooter. Renting a scooter allowed me to explore the surroundings flexibly and independently. The quiet yet well-maintained roads lead to hidden beauties and provide insights into daily life away from the tourist paths.

Renting a Scooter was 3 Euro per dayRenting a Scooter was 3 Euro per day

Despite its tranquil atmosphere, Dumaguete has something for everyone. From bustling markets to impressive nature parks and exciting diving spots like Apo Island – a paradise for divers and snorkelers keen to experience its rich underwater world.

My time in Dumaguete was truly fantastic. The combination of friendly people, impressive sights, and relaxed lifestyle made my stay unforgettable. Dumaguete is a must-visit for any traveler wanting to experience the true essence of the Philippines.

Mad Monkey Hostel was about 7 -8 Euro per nightMad Monkey Hostel was about 7 -8 Euro per night

Important Addresses:

• Mad Monkey Hostel: New hostel with a friendly atmosphere, ideal starting point for city exploration.
  • Siliman University: One of the oldest American educational institutions in Asia, established in 1901.
  • Rizal Boulevard: Popular meeting spot at sunset, with many cafes and a relaxed vibe.
  • Bell Tower: The oldest landmark in Dumaguete, a historical relic from the Spanish era.
  • Apo Island: Well-known diving spot, accessible by boat, ideal for snorkeling and diving.

n Dumaguete, jeepneys, originally made from surplus US military jeeps after World War II, serve as a crucial mode of transportation, reflecting the city's cultural identity with their vibrant and personalized decorations. These vehicles navigate the city’s streets, offering an affordable transport solution and showcasing the creativity and communal spirit of the local population.n Dumaguete, jeepneys, originally made from surplus US military jeeps after World War II, serve as a crucial mode of transportation, reflecting the city's cultural identity with their vibrant and personalized decorations. These vehicles navigate the city’s streets, offering an affordable transport solution and showcasing the creativity and communal spirit of the local population.

In the Philippines, you might think that traffic rules are more like suggestions, especially when you see a Jeepney driver give a quick nod at a "Stop" sign before zooming off!In the Philippines, you might think that traffic rules are more like suggestions, especially when you see a Jeepney driver give a quick nod at a "Stop" sign before zooming off!

IMG_1097.jpg

Dumaguete, Negros Oriental, Philippinen
5 comments
Level 9

Betreff: Travel Report: Unforgettable Days in Dumaguete

@Phil_Situation 

Sehr gut beschrieben zusammen mit den schönen Bildern 

Level 9

Re: Travel Report: Unforgettable Days in Dumaguete

@Phil_Situation What a beautiful trip, I am delighted with your story and your photos.
Did you take the first photo with a drone?

Karen Alves Gaspar
Brazilian living in Canada
Local Guide Level 9
Instagram: @firstkalves
Google Moderator

Hello @Phil_Situation ,

One of the photos does not appear to be your own and violates the Local Guides program rules. Please make sure you edit your post and remove the content that is not yours. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

I forget about that. I will remove that pic and use my own one. Thank you for the reminder 

Level 7

@GasparKaren the first was wasn’t my own. I replaced it with my own one. Thank you mentioning!