RohithaF's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Trafalgar Memorial

Memorial Park is where Trafalgar Memorial is located in Oakville Ontario Canada.

IMG_20191226_114045.jpg

The Town of Oakville passed a by-law to designate Trafalgar Memorial, located at 120 Oak Park Blvd., as a property of cultural heritage value and interest.

IMG_20191226_114140.jpg

Dedicated in 2005, Trafalgar Memorial was designed and built as a war memorial.

The memorial acknowledges around 700 veterans from the former Trafalgar township who served during WWI, WWII and the Korean War.

IMG_20191226_114038.jpg

The Trafalgar Memorial has cultural heritage value due to its historical associations with the former Trafalgar township, the former hamlet of Trafalgar (also known as Post's Corners and Postville), and with veterans of war from Trafalgar Township. 

IMG_20191226_114125.jpg

Significant attributes of the Trafalgar Memorial include the brick garden walls made of red bricks recovered from the former Trafalgar Memorial Hall, the layout of these walls, the arch made of red brick and stone salvaged from the former Trafalgar Memorial Hall, the design of the arch which imitates the original frontispiece of the former Trafalgar Memorial Hall, the brick monument containing the plaques made of red bricks salvaged from the former Trafalgar Memorial Hall, the design of the brick monument which is angled to represent those who have fallen in war, and the six bronze plaques on the monument.

1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: Trafalgar Memorial

Hi @RohithaF,

Thanks so much for sharing with us your photos and details about Trafalgar memorial park. Can you recommend other interesting places close by which are worth for a visit?

Please be aware that I’ve edited your post to remove the Italian language tag, as it’s in English. You are welcome to post in Local Guides Connect in the language you prefer. You can read more about language tags here How do I find posts in my preferred language?.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!