SP31's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Top 3 Reasons to Take Advantage of Miami Spice

Between the sizzling summer heat and dodging random rain showers, there are a wonderful two months in which residents, visitors, and everyone in between can indulge in some of Miami's best restaurants - we call this heavenly time Miami Spice (we love pop cultural references!). I've taken advantage of this wonderful time for years now, and recently I paid a visit to a restaurant that caught my eye and was inspired to share the top three reasons why it is so worth it! 

1. Culinary Offerings

Whether you're into Peruvian, Thai, or even French foods - Miami Spice has got you covered. There are a ton of restaurants that span the list of cuisine types offered, and what better time to try something new and interesting that you wouldn't usually give a shot. It's a great opportunity to expand your taste pallet. 

2. The Price

Dinners are expensive. Dinners at top restaurants in Miami or other large cities usually are even more expensive than one would imagine. Miami Spice has one of the best, cost-effective deals for Local Guides like me who want to try out new things and places, but keep spending at top of mind. A three-course dinner runs for $39 per person. If you only have time for lunch/brunch, that three-course offering is only $23!

3. Exploring Areas You Normally Wouldn't 

As Local Guides, it is essentially in our blood to go out and explore. However, for many who aren't or even sometimes for some of us who are Guides, it is easy to find ourselves frequenting the same places and not exploring new neighborhoods - sticking to what we know. While usually sticking to what is great or best isn't an issue, Miami Spice allows many the chance to visit a restaurant in a new neighborhood and to take in the sights, sounds, and places that that particular neighborhood has to offer. As a result, you may even find yourself finding a new 'hood to visit more often.

My Miami Spice Experience

To kick off the season, I went to the Lobster Bar Sea Grille - Miami Beach with my girlfriend and her brother. At normal prices, visiting this exquisite place would mean budgeting it and figuring it out amongst other financial obligations. However, due to Miami Spice being in effect, we, as well as many others from how packed it was that Friday night, took the opportunity to enjoy some quality seafood. Check out my photos below:

Tropical CrémeuxTropical CrémeuxWhole • Nova Scotia “Lobster Stuffed Lobster”Whole • Nova Scotia “Lobster Stuffed Lobster”Buttery “Whole Lobster” Potato MashButtery “Whole Lobster” Potato MashIceland • Experience Arctic Char “Unilateral”Iceland • Experience Arctic Char “Unilateral”Whole Lobster Pasta “Americaine”Whole Lobster Pasta “Americaine”All Jumbo Lump Crab Cake “Maryland”All Jumbo Lump Crab Cake “Maryland”Lobster Bar Lobster Bisque “Au Cognac”Lobster Bar Lobster Bisque “Au Cognac”Rhode Island • Baby Calamari “Sweet Heat”Rhode Island • Baby Calamari “Sweet Heat”ProfiterolesProfiteroles

So whether you live in South Florida or plan to visit sometime before the end of September, I highly recommend taking in the benefits of this awesome time of the year through September 30. Bon appétit! 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Miami, FL, USA
10 comments
Level 10

Re: Top 3 Reasons to Take Advantage of Miami Spice

what you post in Bangladesha232d636b4580552c4568261f7e34f26.jpg now mid night . my stomach angry with me . want to eat something like that  😛

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

Aww haha, sorry @MahabubMunna! Trust me, I've been thinking about this meal every day since I've had it lol.

Level 9

@SP31, I had scrolled to the photos first without looking at the text and wondered, what is going on!! Why are there so many lobster dishes! This is awesome that you got to try out a fancier restaurant at a better price. We do something similar here in the winter months too because it is right after Christmas and restaurants tend to be a low and this helps with the economy and also gets people out! 

Just drooling looking at those lobsters! Looks amazing!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 5

These foods looks expensive but delicious 😋 

Google Moderator

Thanks for this great post @SP31. I am sure that it will be helpful for Local Guides 😃

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@SP31, beautiful photos and a very good choice of food. I would like to try these dishes. ))

Former Google Contributor

I don't have the words to express how much I enjoyed reading your post @SP31! I literally immersed myself into it and of course now I feel the need to go on a hunt for boutique restaurants. 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing and be aware, I'll be on the lookout for your future posts.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much for your kind words, @KlaudiyaG@Victoria_v@Ivi_Ge@cindy629, and @Shirley! It's always a great opportunity when you can get your hands on upscale cuisine for a fair price! 😄 

Level 9

Hi @SP31!

I love your Miami Spice Experience :))) and eat incredible, delicious meals!

The pics are fantastic 👏 👏 👏 

I will take it in consideration if one day I will travel to Miami...

Good Morning from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.