AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Betreff: T100 Selecting featured Star Photos (November, 2022)

@AdamGT Great work as always! I was waiting for the leaderboards to be published, as one of the most important things here on LGC at the beginning of each month.... A moment of celebrating everyone's work om Google Maps! Thank you! Adam! Congratulations everyone for being part of this, and seeing your names on the Leaderboards! It feels like I know you all, Googlers, Moderators, Local Guides posting or commenting here...

Cheers, Gigi 🙂
Level 9

Re: Top 100 Star Photos Leaderboards (November, 2022)

@AdamGT  amazing work like always, you do a great job each month for those leaderboards, you even add new explanations for new local guides to easily access and use the leaderboard system, and why it's very important for every local guide to analyze his photos monthly. 

Mohamed Ahmed (Mo-TravelleerX)
Chinese Name (Wang Li 王李)
Follow me: Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - YouTube

My Greatest Articles:
My 2 Years of Experience as a Google Local Guide

My 3 Years Journey as a Google Local Guide in Egypt and China
Level 10

I still think the individual comments featuring a few of the Stars is awesome. I took a long pause to admire @Mo-TravelleerX picture on the Level 9s. Wow! I love that picture.

Thanks, @AdamGT, and tell Lucy she owes the 6ers a cookie 🤣

JustJake TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

It is fun and interesting to study these tables, @AdamGT 

You may want to consider using an another term than "featured" since "featured" has an other meaning in Google Maps notifications. I doubt the average Google Maps user can explain what a featured Google Maps photo is.

Maybe "highlighted" or "promoted" would be as good or even better. 

Just a thought. 

Cheers 

Morten 

Level 8

Re: T100 L7 Star Photos (November, 2022)

Thanks @AdamGT . Can you send me the point system so that I can attempt viewership pass level 1 user or attach a link of the level system for access to the VIP lounge and others areas. 

Level 10

@AdamGT Thanks for featuring my star photo. Concept of average view per day for star photo is definitely is good parameter specially for those who just had accelerating star photos but views are not huge. Stats have become more inclusive now 

Connect Moderator

Betreff: T100 Selecting featured Star Photos (November, 2022)

Thank you @GigiR. I'm really pleased that the leaderboards are something that you and many others look forward to seeing at the beginning of each month. Yes a moment of celebration to some and, I must add, perhaps a moment of despair to others lol.  Also, as brother @MAHMOUDALWAN mentioned in his comment here, as well as the joy that the leaderboards bring, it leads to good interaction with fellow Local Guides all over the world.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

Thank you so much for your kind words and appreciation as usual @Mo-TravelleerX.  Yes I try hard to motivate all to look at and learn from the contributions and achievements of others, look at and monitor our own contributions, and from this analysis, improve on the quality of our contributions to achieve better outcomes. The leaderboards and the system behind them helps us achieve this. Powerful stuff 🙂

Connect Moderator

I have to say @JustJake that I too like bringing some of the stars out of the depths of the Local Guides, 2022 Star Photos post like I have done here.  It strips away the many comments and gives much better focus to the stars and presents them more into a "photo album" format, much easier to read and see why they are stars

Hmmm the 6ers!! Yes I'd love to see stars featured at each level, even the 5ers. The problem is that there is still some non-compliance with regards to the format that I've asked for. For example, even though the system provides the caption to use, I mean how could I possibly make it any easier, just copy and paste, some still prefer to make up their own caption 😞    There are of course other non-compliance issues, in fact the main one being not updating the stars so they cannot be featured! 

Lucy does a good job in selecting those to be featured and on this, you've mentioned @Mo-TravelleerX and he is one darn good example of who always reads the requirements or help documentation etc and follows what's required which makes it so easy for me to include his star in the list of featured.  I do recall in the beginning some questioned why I was being so fussy about specifying the posting format for the star photos, but my hope is that they now better appreciate the reasons why!

Connect Moderator

Yes it is fun and interesting studying these tables @MortenCopenhagen and they are packed with a wealth of valuable and useful information available to all. As I've mentioned before, while these tables are all about just one of our photos, they are the most complex to produce starting from the data collection phase right through to the posting here on Connect.

Featured is a generic and self-explanatory meaning word so I'm not sure that I agree with you this time.  However, you will note that I did agree with your suggested name change to the Country leaderboards and taking a two-step approach on this, I have already updated the cover gif accordingly 🙂