AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Top 100 Star Photo Leaderboards (December 2021)

A screenshot of a photo of  Fort Qasim Multan, uploaded onto Google Maps on March 2017 and showing the star views as at  1589886A screenshot of a photo of Fort Qasim Multan, uploaded onto Google Maps on March 2017 and showing the star views as at 1589886

Multan is a historically significant city. Its illustrious history spans centuries. The fort of Multan is located in the heart of the city. Multan Fort was constructed on a mound that was separated from the city by the old Ravi river bed. Its date cannot be determined precisely.

Apart from the shrines, the British destroyed the majority of the fort in 1848-49 in order to avenge the death of Lieutenant Alexander vans Agnew, who was assassinated in Multan on the orders of the Sikh governor. Agnew's memorial obelisk is set on a plinth at one of the fort mound's highest points. From the fort's highest point, visitors can enjoy a panoramic view of Multan City. Originally known as Katochgarh, the fort is credited with being built by the Katoch Dynasty.
Level 10

Ynt: Top 100 Star Photo Leaderboards (December 2021)

stanbul Emniyet Müdürlüğü Yıldız Fotoğrafı @kessc Aralık 2016 yüklendi. ekim 02.12. 2021 yıldız görünümleristanbul Emniyet Müdürlüğü Yıldız Fotoğrafı @kessc Aralık 2016 yüklendi. ekim 02.12. 2021 yıldız görünümleri

umarım sonuca ulaşmışısızdır 😄

Farklı şehirler, farklı insanlar, farklı dostlar
Level 10

رد: Top 100 Star Photo Leaderboards (December 2021)

Screenshot_20211202-231207.jpg

 1570409  مليون مشاهدة

صورة لكافية لتقديم المشروبات الساخنة والباردة

محمود علوان ، مصر ، العاشر من رمضان.
Level 10

شكرا جزيلا لك عزيزي @AdamGT

علي هذا العمل الرائع،  والمجهود الكبير. 

محمود علوان ، مصر ، العاشر من رمضان.
Connect Moderator

Thanks @Ewaade_3A.  The leaderboard posts do get a lot of interest from fellow Local Guides and while I prefer to use them and the cover photo to motivate and promote their contributions, I decided this time round to keep it in the spirit of the Christmas and holiday spirit.  I'm glad you like it, so yes let it shine and shine!  I do plan on going away in fact if it wasn't for all the lockdowns I would have done so by now, so I've been thinking to ask if you would consider taking it over for a few months.  I know you would do a Hood job 😉  Thanks for you confidence but I do make mistakes so please do go through the leaderboards, they are slowly appearing lol. Also, you should update your data and give support to your country's team 😉  It's easy to do just hit this link and I'm hear to hep you should you need a refresher in any area 😉  I'm so impressed how many are progressing and improving Maps contributions with reinvigorating enthusiasm. 

Top 100 Local Guides Leaderboards from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

OK that's one problem solved @Robert24 so now the most important thing to do is use your data entry form to add the link which I've shown below so everyone will be able to find it from the leaderboards

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Top-100-Star-Photo-Leaderboards-December-20...

After that why don't you have a read of Section 6 of the documentation and add a caption to your screenshot which would look something like this 😉

Caption: A screenshot of a photo of Davivienda Seminario, a bank in Atlantico, Colombia uploaded onto Google Maps on 1 September 2018 and showing the star views as at1 December, 2021(Local Guide @Robert24)

Let me know if you need any help at all with this, I am here to help you.

Connect Moderator

Re: T100 Photo Views L7 (November 2021)

It's my pleasure @uavalentine we are all anxiously waiting for you to sail onto the leaderboards with your great photos of places that many of us have never been to. It takes about 30 minutes for the first time through the data entry but then when you come back to update your data it should only take 5 o 10 minutes.  Just hit this link and sail away!  However, do let me know if you need any help at all with it, I am here to help you.  

Connect Moderator

Wow, nice one @OmerAli. and you have following the documentation so well and I hope others will check it out to.  Perfect layout with white space above and below as per the notes and as well as the caption, you've told a story about it.  I love it! One small, in fact not small a tiny change you could make.  In your caption, change the words "showing the star views as at 1589886" to "showing the star views as at 3 December, 2021 (Local Guide @OmerAli)".  Some will say I'm too pedantic but there is a logical reason for this 😉

Connect Moderator

Ynt: Top 100 Star Photo Leaderboards (December 2021)

Well done @kessc, I'm a firm believer that when we strive for quality we will achieve the best results. I prefer not to say that's good enough. I rather say, I've done my very best 😉  Now don't forget to hit this link and update your screenshot link which as you know is:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Top-100-Star-Photo-Leaderboards-December-20...

This way we will all be able to always find your always shining star photo from the leaderboards 😉

Also, next time you update your star photo I highly recommend that you do it in landscape as @OmerAli has beautifully done here with his star photo screenshot. 

ps: I have to tell that I've been to Istanbul a few times.  I'm sure that you will know that it was once known as Constantinople.  

Connect Moderator

Hi @MAHMOUDALWAN I see your star is shinning brighter and brighter.  Now don't forget to hit this link and update your screenshot link which as you know is as shown below.  This way we can always find your star by just hitting your entry on the Leaderboards 😉  Also, next time you update your star photo try to do it in landscape as @OmerAli has beautifully done here with his star phot screenshot. 

Did you see how the Egypt team is doing so well on the Points leaderboards?  I saw it yesterday, I like it.