Venky_lightbug's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Tips for Black & White Photography

Dear friend @VasT, first of all, I am not a B&W man; but many occasions demand it & I do it as per the need..

Personally Soft monochrome = Memory type!

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Honestly, I am not a B&W man , dear @InaS 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 7

hi @TravellerG 

Thank you for explaining the point. Yes definitely our brain gives a sign to when we should use a B&W. Its like an impulse.

Now coming to the technical background you explained...

Many companies have played with the terms B&W and Monochrome in my opinion. Because of which there's no clear base point for any. So I keep myself away from presets and filters during the tutorials or tips as we can never track the background of it.

To put it simple, all the B&W filters are majorly a play around of the tonal contrasts to give a different look to please according to the taste.

I personally consider

1. Monochrome as a picture with one color filter dropped on top of the image. Like the Warm or Red or Blue ones. No whites or blacks but shades of same color differentiated by contrast.

2. B&W are picture with observable Blacks and Whites. No other color.

But both the above options have different filters. Monochrome has in terms of colors and B&W in terms of brightness and contrast.

I am glad we are having this discussion 🙂 Feel free to share more info.

Click| Travel| Repeat
Follow on Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/venky_lightbug/
Level 7

My pleasure @VasT 

Oh ok... I thought the name itself is "Best cocktail Bar" 😛 Thanks for the info.

Click| Travel| Repeat
Level 10

Well explained, dear @Venky_lightbug, Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Level 7

@TravellerGThank you 🙂

Click| Travel| Repeat
Level 10

Welcome dear friend @Venky_lightbug 

Level 2

Different types of shades and situation and moments of some nice locations