06-19-2017 11:33 AM - edited 07-04-2017 06:31 AM
With new Local Guides joining Connect every day, a lot of posts with videos, photos, and more are being shared. You may find navigating and searching the community a bit daunting but don’t fret — it can be easily overcome with these tips:
1) Find posts that interest you
Alternatively, you can search for content based on the top tags shared on Connect.
2) Find the latest posts and discussions
3) Find content relevant to your region: Switch “My Location” on the homepage. You can also use the search feature to search for conversations in the location you have set in the Local Guides program.
4) Search for Local Guides in your area
If you know the name of a Local Guide, you can search for them by using the Author filter feature as shared above. However, if you are looking to connect with Local Guides you don’t already know, we recommend you reach out to Local Guides participating in conversations happening in your location (see above to filter by location in point #3).
5) Read posts or replies in a foreign language
You can interact with Local Guides around the world using the language translate feature to read messages that aren’t in your local language. To respond, use the translate feature in the top right hand of the post (screenshot below) to translate desired text.