djaberi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Time to contribute to Rwanda local guide

I want to take this opportunity to thank local guides from Rwanda who always contribute by sharing photos, by reviewing , by editing and by adding new places, this is really good and an opportunity to show tourists what Rwanda look like and attract them with beautiful places. 

But we still miss one thing, to meet up and organize how to contribute more and the best of us to explore Rwanda. 

I suggest if anyone get this, she/he can  reply and we can organize a meeting.

Kigali City, Rwanda
6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Time to contribute to Rwanda local guide

Hi @djaberi and welcome to Connect!

It's great that you want to meet other Local Guides and to improve Google Maps so that people may navigate easily in Rwanda!

What I suggest you to do is to check in here if there are any already organized Meet-Ups around you in the near future. If there aren't any available currently you can create one yourself. You don't know how to get started? Don't worry, in this post you will find everything you need on how to create a Meet-Up.

Since you are new in Connect, here are some tips about being part of the community:

See you soon

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Hello @djaberi,

Thank you for your contributions too,

A meet up I believe is the crucial thing that can boost our ambition and willingness to contribute as LGs.

I am available for that, and I am here to help for this to happen.

Thank you again.

Emmanuel N> D> DENLINGER
Level 6

One more thing,

WHEN, WHERE and WHAT can be the theme?

I think we can brainstorm ourselves on this thread for others to join.

Thank you

Emmanuel N> D> DENLINGER
Level 7

@nedenlinger

I thought of this meetup so we can know each other, and try to contribute more on google map. Because there are still many & many problems i faced with people who post wrong pictures of places. That why i thought of a meeting so we can discuss a share ideas

Level 6

That's true,

Let's fetch info on more Rwandan Local Guides by searching in Q/A section to look for people who answered and try to contact them.

We can create a WhatsApp group too.

Emmanuel N> D> DENLINGER
Level 6

Hello nedenlinger,

I think we need to make a the meetup soon, I'm not sure if I would be staying in Kigali for the rest of the week, and I had been roving a lot around Rwanda and neighboring countries during the month, so I can't host a meetup now, but please let's make sure to have one, by the way there is a WhatsApp group already, I'll try to post the link here, but I don't think there is a need to focus on it as we already have the official platform to create meetups, so no one in the community will miss it because of not being informed. 

Best,

shibrain

We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us !