ChiepSophy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

The road to Temple Angkor Thom Siem Reap Cambodia

South Gate - Angkor ThomSouth Gate - Angkor ThomSouth Gate - Angkor ThomSouth Gate - Angkor ThomTerrace of the Leper King Terrace of the ElephantsTerrace of the Leper King Terrace of the ElephantsTerrace of the Leper King Terrace of the ElephantsTerrace of the Leper King Terrace of the Elephantsលានស្តេចគំលង់ terrace of leper king Terrace Of The Lepper Kingលានស្តេចគំលង់ terrace of leper king Terrace Of The Lepper KingNorth Gate - Angkor ThomNorth Gate - Angkor ThomA look at the amazing Bayon Temple of Cambodia. The Bayon Temple is located just 2 miles north of Angkor Wat and is located at the center of the ancient city of Angkor Thom. We are just beginning to realize how huge this ancient temple complex was, and new findings suggest it was built on a much older site

Sophy
Angkor Thom, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: The road to Temple Angkor Thom Siem Reap Cambodia

Hi @ChiepSophy,

Thanks for sharing. These are really aesthetic architecture.

In the last photo, I could spot that there a support built in the gate. Would there be more preservation of the sight that you may share with us?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!

Hi @ChiepSophy,

Thank you for sharing this great photos with everyone. How was the feeling to be there, can you give other Local Guides any kind of expression to the feeling when you were there?

I visited Angkor Wat some 3-4 months ago and it was just mesmerizing. I will always remember this as one of the best places I have ever been to.

P.S.: How long did you sightsee the temple, do you have any special tips on how to visit it to share with everyone?

I would like also to share a glimpse of my memories there.

A photo of Local Guide @TsekoV while visiting Angkor Wat temple.A photo of Local Guide @TsekoV while visiting Angkor Wat temple.

I also remember the name of the tree was chubaka, isn't it? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @sonnyNg

For the north gate of Angkor Thom temple is it one of the most iconic temples beautifully of the most enjoyable to explore when you are in the Angkor Complex. i hope that ministry of tourism will preservation again. Thank you!

Sophy
Level 10

Hi @TsekoV

Your picture at Ta Prom Temple is the famous temple in Siem Reap also, very awesome, joyful your trip in Siem Reap.

Here some commendation from me:

What are the first things to do in Siem Reap? In this video you will explore the amazing gates of Angkor Thom before visit Bayon, Ta Prohm and Angkor Wat and consider the boat ride on Angkor Thom broad moat. Prepare temple pass and transport required to reach the site that located in Angkor Archaeological Park, 1.7 km from Angkor Wat or 9 Km from Siem Reap city. Watch Angkor Wat guide in Go Asi channel for the requirement. The city is quadrangle enclosed by 8 metre high laterite wall, each side of witch is 3 km, surrounded by 100 metre wide moat, crossed by causeways leading to 5 sandstone gates capped by four face-towers. The south gate is the best preserved and always attracts visitors to stop and takes many pictures before entering Angkor Thom. Get out in front the causeway and tell your driver to wait behind the gate. Walk between the 2 rows of huge stone figures guarding the approach to the city. The figures are 54 gods on the left, and 54 fierce-looking demons on the right. Some of their original heads are lost and replaced with the copies. They hold the 5 headed scaly nagas on their knees. That represents the myth of the Churning the Ocean of Milk, like bas-reliefs on the wall of Angkor Wat. Your last thing to consider here is the boat ride on the moat of Angkor Thom for scenery or sunset view. You can buy the ticket that cost from $15 as walk-in price per person for one hour cruise. The boat are located about 500 meter west of the causeway. Finally return and venture into to Angkor Thom to learn about Bayon temple located at the center of Angkor Thom. If you have much time take in the beauty of other 4 gates of Angkor Thom are quieter than the south gate. The ruined west gate rarely gets visitors through but provides traffic to the surrounding villages. Many tourists just pass through the romantic north gate to the grand circuit. You will go out to Ta Prohm temple across the victory gate that provides access to a terrace of the royal palace. The ruin of east gate causeway is spreader over by the jungle

Sophy

I enjoyed reading your explanations @ChiepSophy. They made me feel how many places I have missed there. I was there only for one day, but still tried to see as much as possible. Should I go one day there again, for sure I am going to follow your tips.

Do you live in Cambodia? : )

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Beautiful photos bro @ChiepSophy@TsekoV great that you also used to visit the world heritage temple in Siem Reap :-).

Level 10

Hi @sonnyNg

I am Cambodian, and living in Phnom Penh capital city.

Sophy

Hi @ChiepSophy,

I have seen and heard Phnom Penh only from my uncle and his photos from his last trips, I wish one day to visit the beautiful country of Cambodia!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!