NABILazeez's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

The photo that changed my concept

Hello local guides, I am Nabil Azeez from Egypt and a local guide level 10 , formerly a map maker top contributor since jan, 2016.
I was mainly a map editor and I had more than 65,000 edits and about 45,000 fact check.
Few months ago exactly *first of November, 2018* I was in a restaurant with my friends and I took a photo of onions and other photos of other dishes and then I uploaded them to Google maps!

Chips of onions, carrots and pickled turnipsChips of onions, carrots and pickled turnips

Actually I didn't expect that it will be viewed that much, and my friends mocked me and made fun of my photo , 2 weeks later, I got an email informing me that my onion rings had reached 30,000 views, and now 300,000 views !!!!!
I was stunned and I would tell you that it felt like victory then. Ha-ha
This reminded me with what a wise man said “A picture is worth a thousand words.“
Fred R. Barnard.

chicken Grillchicken Grill

At this moment my point of view changed and I started to make more effort and give attention to photography

especially dishes to help the people who decided to visit a certain restaurant with my photos of the menu and the dishes that I ordered there. Also, I bought a 360 camera because I felt more passionate about photography
Since then, I’ve uploaded more than 1000 photos and I have become a street view trusted photographer since Jan, 2019

Christmas Tree -Cairo Festival MallChristmas Tree -Cairo Festival Mall

I don’t miss any photo chance; I have my eating rituals now,
First, wash your hands. Second, take a photo of the menu, then order, then take photos of the dish and finally eat ha-ha.

Pizza sausage-pizza hutPizza sausage-pizza hut

Sometimes, taking photos gets me those stares from people walking around or passing by in the mall. Or even it gets me more problems from the security guards who see me with my 360 camera as an AK-47 armored psychopath ha-ha but it’s okay as long as I help and guide people.
At the time of typing this post my photos have got 1,800,000 views.

My Local Guide ProfileMy Local Guide Profile

The emails from the local guides team telling me that I helped a lot of people really really makes my day!
And I feel proud that I did that

Screenshot_2019-05-23-16-33-45-048_com.google.android.gm.jpg

So, let’s guide and help people all over the world.

Cairo Governorate, Egypt
6 comments
Level 8

Re: The photo that changed my concept

a xiaomi user
a local expert

respect!

Level 8

@NABILazeez well done. 

Abdelrahman Ewis
Level 10

Hi @HoangDang 

Thank you so much for your encouragement words.

Best regards

Level 10

Hi @Abdoado 

Thank you for your support .

Best wishes

Level 8

Good Luck👏👍🇪🇬

@localguidesegypt #localguidesegypt
@letsguide #letsguide
@connectlive #connectlive