Sanjay_viswa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

The most interesting thing I have done as a local guide is adding places & map the green Initiative.

Why I focused on missing information & adding place on the local guide program?

When I started exploring the places in the country area, the difficulty I faced is there are a lot of important places and lots of reviews available for that the center attraction, but there is less or no information regarding the nearby shops or accessibility. So my main focus turned towards adding nearby places.
One of the challenges I have done last month as a local guide is arranged a 3-day local guide meetup in completely different places in North India. I live in the southern part of India, and traveling to North requires a hell lot of money and time, Also its like a different country, like completely different cultures, language, etc.
Trip Route MapTrip Route Map

Day 1: Reached Jaipur, Rajasthan The people speak Hindi and Marvadi language here, and it was 2300km far from my place. Met a few local guides over there and explored the places like Jaigarh Fort, Jal Mahal, Hawa Mahal, city palace and it was awesome, a completely different experience, also I didn't forget to add the accessible places and small unlisted shops to google maps.

Photo of Hawa mahal, City Palace in jaipur,RajasthanPhoto of Hawa mahal, City Palace in jaipur,Rajasthan

Day 2: Jaisalmer, It's again 700km far from Jaipur, Travelled in the train to reach there. There also I arranged a meetup, now the Hindi language becomes more regional slang and I see less to very less place listed in google maps. I planned one day to stay in Jaisalmer, to add the place I stayed in one more day there. I know it sounds crazy but yes this is how life nowadays as a local guide also I Explored places like Jaisalmer Fort, Gadisar Lake, Patwon ki Haweli the heritage sites of India, the architecture done using without any technology is appreciable.
photo og Gladisar lake, Patwa Haweliphoto og Gladisar lake, Patwa Haweli

Day 3: Thar Desert. The Thar Desert was a life-changing experience, its the first time been into the desert, thought the desert would be no place to add, but I was wrong there were a lot of desert camps and shops I see again unlisted. I have added most of the place and I have happily explored places like the village safari, Sam dun, Mandir Palace, etc.
photo of Sam sand dunes, Thar Desert, Fort in Jaisalmerphoto of Sam sand dunes, Thar Desert, Fort in Jaisalmer

A Few words about Map Green Initiative :

This is something beyond writing reviews and posting photos, this is a Bangalore local guide team initiative to plant seeds in the forest to gain the greenery back for the future generation. The concept is taken from an NGO, where we make seed bowl with volunteers ( local guide members ) then we make as much seed bowl as we can and drop them in the middle of the forest using Drone. This is a trial experiment from our side if we get to output the plan is to arrange a meetup for making seed balls.
The list is endless and has done many interesting things as a local guide, kudos to the community team for encouraging me to do a lot, though I'm a newbie here.
Support my Idea
Love to contribute
Kerala, India
1 comment
Level 6

Re: The most interesting thing I have done as a local guide is adding places & map the green Ini

Hi @Sanjay_viswa ! I traveled to India by your photos! I hope some day I'll have a chance to go there.

Congratulations and best wishes!