Rezgar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

The World Bicycle Day

Hi Dear Friends

June 3rd is the The World Bicycle Day, please take this message and my request seriously, and not just you but invite anyone you know to go on bicycle on June 3rd and send me a photo to publish.

We need safe routes for cycling and pedestrians. This is a full-blown war! We have to go to the four-wheel war with a two-wheel weapon called Bicycle, and let the streets free from the occupation of cars.

There is no other way to end the silent death of nature. In order to solve the root causes of traffic and air pollution, and noise and noise pollution, people should voluntarily park their cars.

I share the history of the bike day from Wikipedia now.

The World Bicycle Day is on 3 June. It was approved on 12 April 2018 as an official United Nations day of awareness about the multiple societal benefits of using the bicycle for transport and leisure. After the announcement was made, European Cyclists' Federation Secretary General Bernhard Ensink stated, "Cycling is a source for social, economic and environmental benefits – and it is bringing people together. WCA and ECF are extremely happy with this declaration. This UN declaration is an acknowledgement of the contribution of cycling to the Sustainable Development Goals".

Leszek Sibilski led a campaign to promote a UN Resolution for World Bicycle Day, eventually gaining the support of Turkmenistan and 56 other countries. The logo for World Bicycle Day was designed by Isaac Feld and the accompanying animation was done by Professor John E. Swanson. It depicts bicyclists of various types riding around the globe. At the bottom of the logo is the hashtag #June3WorldBicycleDay. The main message is to show that the bicycle belongs to and serves all of humanity.

The World Bicycle Day
Best Regards
Rezgar

Iran
8 comments
Level 9

Bls: The World Bicycle Day

Hello, welcome to local guide connect. Congratulations to add new waits in this forum, the spirit contributes more to help others in google map and connect. thanks for sharing about that 

Warm regards

Level 10

Thank you for your attention my dear friend @Masbi

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 9

YOUR WELCOME MY Freind @Rezgar

Level 8

Re: The World Bicycle Day

Hello, 

I'm affraid that the best to share safe bicycle (and pedestrians) routes by using Google applications is Google My Maps, not Google Maps nor Google Local Guides.

Why not Google Maps?

After closing Google Map Maker(March 2017), Google looks to be uninterested in developing road network on its Maps – many of feedbacks are ignored, the rest is supported after month or three... Here https://youtu.be/4AuOoR5-qvw is short movie about how we could edit bicycle ways 5 years ago. Try to do it today...

There is no possibility to report tourist path when it are unvisible due to trees. There is no possibility to report bicycle way if it is not visible in StreetView (it is not available everywhere and (in my country) is older than five years).

Googlers who support reports about wrong informations on Google Maps, they aren't instructed what to do with bicycle ways nor pavements (example: https://goo.gl/maps/QPhkkk8enMz there was roundabout, in 2017 rebuilt to intersection with traffic lights), so as I wrote: in my opinion Google is not interested to develop this part of Maps. I don't believe that they had time and resources to put some gadgets on the Maps ("Where is Waldo", Mario, new car icons, new design (colours i POI icons)), but they can't add tools for road editing, 18. months after Google announced that retiring Map Maker and move all tools to GMaps. 

Why not Local Guides?

Local Guides can only edit Point Of Interestment (POI), they can add photos and short movies to POIs, and also they can review the POIs, ask and answer questions about POI etc.

None of above LG can do to roads. As normal GMaps users we can report wrong informations about roads, but it isn't visible in our "contributions". So...

Why Google My Maps?

In Google My Maps we can add whatever to Google Maps background and simply share it to other. 

It can be bicycle ways, weather reports or plans of historical battles.

Of course there are many better tools to share information about trails to other – example on my last vacances (40 days / 400 km in the middle of nowhere) better than Google worked to me OpenStreetMaps. In my country it has perfect map of touristic trails, bicycle ways, mountain peaks, passes and rocks, rivers (with fords), streams and sources of water, historical places (monuments, graves, buildings), forrests and other things which we can't see / add / edit in Google Maps...

A year ago I was a Google Maps enthusiast. Today I'm not – I see how Google Maps is changing from very good and always updated maps to boring advertising column.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6uLunHXQjCzQZMUt1 

Best regards

:-Przemo.

Level 10

Thank you for sharing @Przemo
Great Post!!

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 10

Do you have a Bicycle @ErmesT?
If you have a bicycle and you use it in tomorrow please share it with us.

Best Regards
Rezgar

Connect Moderator

Nice post @Rezgar

Happy World Bicycle Day!!!

Please read my post 

Pedal your way to Happiness - G Bike

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/Pedal-your-way-to-Happiness-G-Bike/m-p/8...

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Thank you for sharing @NareshDarji

Great post!!

Best Regards
Rezgar