clickonRavi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

The Ideal One Minute video

Gear up for the Summit (application) guys. It’s the day all Map-Peers (i should be credited for coining this term google 🙂 ) wait for

I went through lot of application videos on youtube and communicated with a few successful summit attendees for some tips and thought of writing it up here for everyone's benefit (although I will be increasing my competition but I don’t mind that). 

Few tips from my side are

The content: i.e. what you talk on video

What you talk is important think of what you are going to say and then a practice may help and avoid that bit of stuttering that may arise because of                            being conscious of being on camera. Talk about the aim and how you are contributing and plan to do so in future. That’s the minimum content rest                              you may add if time allows.

The camera : I will seriously not advice for doing a selfie type video just mount the camera on a tripod or just keep it somewhere if you don't have a tripod.               Shaky video is worst thing to do. Even if you ask your friend to hold it staying still will be difficult for him too

Video quality: the basic things like the light should be just right shooting outdoors in sun is good as compared to doing it in your room. Shooting in early morn         ing time is a good idea. Special effects are not a necessity keep it simple. Remind yourself that video is just one of the many requirements and not the only requirement.

Think of it as a 60 sec video not one minute and focus on the other requirements too.

All the best and Happy Mapping

Chandigarh, India