Johnbhewitt's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

The British and Their Love of Tea

The British and Their Love of Tea

Tea rooms are popular in the UK . They sell a range of teas along with light snacks and cakes. The Richmond Tea Rooms in Manchester is a great example of a tea room. It is themed on the book "Alice in Wonderland" which includes the "Mad Hatters Tea Party". Afternoon Tea is served on bone china crockery and the tea is poured from a teapot. This is a popular place with travellers so be prepared for a wait to get in especially at the weekend but larger groups can make reservations.Decorations in the window of the Richmond Tea Rooms Manchester. These include a vintage lamp, some house plants and a glass jar all resting on a grass like window bottomDecorations in the window of the Richmond Tea Rooms Manchester. These include a vintage lamp, some house plants and a glass jar all resting on a grass like window bottom

The entrance to the Richmond Tea Rooms Manchester. On the  brick wall  is a misshaped clock, a picture of harlequin pattern and some climbing plants.The entrance to the Richmond Tea Rooms Manchester. On the brick wall is a misshaped clock, a picture of harlequin pattern and some climbing plants.

Afternoon tea on a cake stand. Sandwiches on the bottom layer, scones cream and jam on the middle layer and  cakes on the top layer. In the background is the serving area with eat me and drink me in large writing on the wallAfternoon tea on a cake stand. Sandwiches on the bottom layer, scones cream and jam on the middle layer and cakes on the top layer. In the background is the serving area with eat me and drink me in large writing on the wall

Cakes in a take out box. If you can't finish everything you can ask for it to be boxed up to eat later.Cakes in a take out box. If you can't finish everything you can ask for it to be boxed up to eat later.

Richmond Tea Rooms, Richmond Street, Manchester, UK
4 comments
Level 7

Re: The British and Their Love of Tea

Wow really beautiful and hope delicious,thank you for searing @Johnbhewitt  

Level 10

Great photos and captions! Thanks for sharing, John. 

Level 8

Such a quaint and beautiful place @Johnbhewitt 

Level 9

Dessert in a glass jar is probably delicious. 🙂