OmarBD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

The Beautiful Colors Chandimura Mandir in Lalmai, Comilla, Bangladesh

Hello Friends, Great day. I will share with you the story of a traditional place of Comilla, I hope you like the story.Chandimura Mandir, LalmaiChandimura Mandir, Lalmai

About Chandimura Mandir: Chondi Mura Mandir  or Lalmai Mandir  is a small temple. This Temple is at the southern end of the Lalmai Hill  in Barura Upazila of Comilla District, Bangladesh.  That’s why mostly the devoted people use to go here. Very few tourists like us use to go there. This temple is located at the top of a hillock and you have to climb there using the stairs. It’s tiresome to reach at the top. Most of the tourist spots are somewhere around the other side of Shalbon Bihar of Comilla. You’ll have the whole stairs is covered with evergreen trees. And at any stages, you can have a break by supporting your body on the railing of the stairs. You can see a long distance from there as you have already climbed a few. The temple premise is mainly having two temples. Each of those are having two small compartments are joined together (considered as single one). Left side temple is the Shiv Mandir and the right side temple is Chondi Mandir.

Paduar Bazar Bishwa RoadPaduar Bazar Bishwa RoadChandimura MandirChandimura MandirChandimura MandirChandimura Mandir

How to go: You have to reach at the Lalmai Bazar from Comilla Sadar Upazila. From the bazaar, its 10 taka auto rickshaw fare for each person. There is a  Bolaka bus use to run through a road which is exactly beside the temple. You can take that bus from the Poduar Bazar of Comilla Bishwa road . Its 15 taka per person and around 15 minutes of bus ride.

Chandimura MandirChandimura MandirChandimura MandirChandimura MandirChandimura MandirChandimura Mandir

Chandimura MandirChandimura Mandir

Friends, Please you write down here, how the story sounds to you.

[Stay Home, Keep Clean, Stay Healthy and Always Be Happy With Your Friends and Family]

Best Regards.

Omar

🇧🇩  

Bangladesh 

-----------------

Click Here & Read My Previous Post.

Following My Google Maps Profile.

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Chondi Mura, Lalmai-Barura Road, Bangladesh
25 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: The Beautiful Color Chandimura Mandir in Lalmai, Comilla, Bangladesh

Hello @OmarBD

Looks like you had a great adventure. I love how colorful and vibrant the temple is. Do the colors symbolize anything?

I think many people should visit it; not only the devoted people, as you mentioned. Perhaps, after seeing your post, other Local Guides will be encouraged to take the same trip. I am sure they will also appreciate your tips. Thanks for sharing it with the Connect community 🙂 

What did you find was most impressive about the place? What was your favorite part of the journey? 

P.S. I think you might find these posts useful: How to take unique photos of popular landmarks and How to take photos of architecture

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Hello @Ekattotii Thanks for your great replay and I'm glad you love my post. In fact, most of the temples I have seen use such colors, Colors in different sense add to the mood of the people or feel peace in the mind, People go to the temple to worship in peace, in that sense the use of colors is very important. The temple is located at the top of the hill, so it is not visible at the bottom of the hill, it can be seen from far away and these colors attract people to go there. 

I am most impressed with the environment here, The appeal of the people by whom this temple is operated fascinated me when I heard that I was appointed as a local guide. 

My favorite part of the trip was when I learned about its history. Chandimura, the famous great-grandfather of history This sacred shrine, established by the womb of the mother who wished to touch the feet of the awakened Shabbani mother, established the famous Chandi Temple, a history of the highest hill on the northern tip of Lalmai in Comilla district. Formerly known as Lohri Giri mountain (Chandimura), The temple is about 172 feet high from the flat ground, the size of the temple is (18X24) feet and  Height 45 feet. In ancient times, during the war with the Asuras, Maa Bhagwati became enraged and killed the devils hidden on this mountain by holding a fierce statue. The soil of this mountain turns red in the heat of the mother's angry body. In the seventh century, Mahayasi queen of the Buddhist god Kharag was influential, born of a Hindu origin. At the foot of the mother where the oppressor was killed, Right there, the king established two temples at the wishes of the queen, Hemlepit Ashtavuja Chandimurti built, Mahamaya Chandi Vigra and worship continued.

I hope you and other local guides enjoy this history.

Thanks and best regards.

Omar

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 9

Hello @OmarBD That looks really beautiful. Thanks for sharing. 

Instagram - Google Maps Profile - #TeamTacos #México‌
Level 9

Mirando solo la parte de arriba de la foto parecía un gran palacio, viendo la foto completa la realidad era otra.

Muy buena aventura. Felicitaciones.

Level 10

Hi @Ale_003 Many thanks to you for liking my pictures and you are Welcomed!

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Level 10

Hello @Hermógeness I am so happy to read your reply and thank you so much for encouraging me.Thanks again for your valuable reply writing for me. 

Regards

Omar

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Former Google Contributor

Hello @OmarBD

Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed response. I really enjoyed the story and thanks to you I learned a lot. 🙂 

You are right, colors are very important. They make things more vivid and appealing to others. As you mentioned, they also add to the mood for people. For example, when I look at bright colors, I feel more joyful and when I look at blue or green, I feel more peaceful. Thanks to the Local Guides community, I have had the chance to see so many colorful places.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

رد: The Beautiful Colors Chandimura Mandir in Lalmai, Comilla, Bangladesh

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته أخي 

@OmarBD  ، ان ما تقدمه من مشاركات رائع ومميز ، انتم واجهة مشرفة لبلادكم ،  وأخيرا كن حذرا اثناء تحرك 

محمود علوان ، مصر ، العاشر من رمضان.
Level 10

@Ekattotii You are welcomed every time and again thanks for enjoying my story.

Mohammed Omar Faruque