NickMorris's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Temporary Markets as Places - What to do with them?

I've come across several temporary markets marked as places on Google maps and I'm wondering (a) whether they should be there? (I think not), (b) what to do with them? and (c) how should they be added?

These are typically weekly or monthly markets made up of temporary stalls in a street, carpark or field. It doesn't seem like they meet the criteria for a place, perhaps an event?

The often have many reviews and photos and seem to be useful for people so I'm reluctant to try to get them removed unless I can replace them with something. Would an event be the right way to display these? Perhaps attached to the local council's place?

2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Temporary Markets as Places - What to do with them?

Hi @NickMorris, Hope all well.

We're happy to have you here. Please try searching before to start a new thread in connect. Here is another thread with same question.

As mentioned in that thread that currently there is no option to add temporary place/listings on map.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

Hi @NickMorris, Hope all well.

We're happy to have you here. Please try searching before to start a new thread in connect. Here is another thread with same question.

As mentioned in that thread that currently there is no option to add temporary place/listings on map.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

@deepakjhic Thanks, I did try searching but I missed that one