KseniaM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Swiss Science Center Technorama

Hoi everyone,

I am continuing to tell you about places to visit ones you are in Switzerland and how to get around here. This time I will guide to to the Swiss Science Center Technorama, situated in Winterthur in the near from Zurich. It was initially built in 1982, inspired by a similar facility in San Francisco, and had a couple of reconstructions in the recent years.

The entrance fee is CHF 29.- per adult, the annual fee is CHF 80.-, kids under six years old are free of charge

The rates are very fair considering the price for pizza margherita of CHF 20.- over here

About the amenities:

• The museum is very family friendly as most of its visitors are kids. You can bring your own food and consume it at the picnic tables, or you can go to the self service restaurant.
  • You can also enter and leave as you wish within one day - pick up something from your car or bring something back, go for a walk and return or whatever else you might do.
  • There is a self service cloakroom and many locks (both free of charge) to leave your stuff, so no need to carry anything around.
  • You may also find secured boxes to charge your cell with all the possible cables to do it.
  • Toilets are availbe at each floor as well as a very comfortable diaper changing station.
  • Everything is wheelchair accessible

About the museum:

• Its a great place for kids of all ages. Our nine months old baby could not do much, but was fascinated by everything happening around. Our three and a half years toddler could not get enough of all the cool stuff in there. We will definitely visit this place again
  • There are three floors of all the possible experiments and games to explore literally everything. You can spend at each topic / station the whole day
  • You can touch and eplore everything in there
  • Staff is almost invisible but very helpful once you need them or just wanna chat to learn more
  • Very comforbale atmosphere

And as a bonus I made my first Super G in the baby play area ? That was fun!

Cheers and drop me a comment if there is a similar Science Center in your area!

Various experimentsVarious experimentsMarble runsMarble runsOptical illusionsOptical illusionsDifferent labsDifferent labsToilets and a diper changing stationToilets and a diper changing stationLocksLocksSelf service cloakroom and locksSelf service cloakroom and locksBaby labBaby labPicnic tablesPicnic tablesCell charding stationCell charding stationFathersFathers#MySuperG#MySuperG

Switzerland
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Swiss Science Center Technorama

This science center is amazing, @KseniaM! Thanks for sharing. I always try to visit science workshop oriented venues. They hide so many surprises. I could spend a whole day in the swiss one. I'm definitely putting it on my list. 

PS: The magnets video made me drop a jaw.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Let me know @IrrPavlova if you need any other information to plan your visit one day!

I am pleased to see that such science centers become more and more popular and are visited by soooo many kids! This one is even open on Mondays!!! That is very untypical for a Swiss museum

Former Google Contributor

Thank you for the offer, @KseniaM. I'll keep it in mind. It truly is a pleasure to watch how children get absorbed by science. It brings a certain calmness that they are going invent something to life better themselves. ^_^

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!